We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from Jfk to Harlem

kington
6 posts
Save Topic
transport from Jfk to Harlem

Hi guys we arrive at JFK on Fri at 14.30pm and are staying in Harlem 139th street we were wondering what would be the best way to get to Harlem? Taxi maybe? If so do we book and pay online? Appreciate your advice on this matter, thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,955 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

If you want something more specific than the answers you got last time, we need an exact location. But yes, taxi is one option. I hope you're staying some place legal.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6076705…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

A reliable Car service such as Dial 7 is another option.

www.dial7.com

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,369 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

Harlem is a neighborhood in Manhattan and the flat rate of $52 plus tip and tolls applies. There are hundreds of yellow cabs that wait for passengers at JFK. My feeling would be to use a yellow taxi--no reservation, no fuss.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

There aren't any hotels or legal accommodations in that area I hope you are staying with friends or family.

A regular yellow taxi should be good for you. $52.00 plus tip and toll. No prepayment. Do not accept rides from touts at the airport.

You can also take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica and the LIRR to New York Penn Station and then the subway.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,790 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

Also check the replies from the last time you asked this question (in January). tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6076705…

You can pre-book a car service but a taxi cannot be pre-booked. Just go to the official taxi line outside the terminal. Do not take a ride from anyone approaching you in the terminal. Do not pay in advance when pre-booking a car service (if you decide to do that instead of a taxi).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

Where do you get your information? There are legal B&B's Harlem. I am one of them.

Your post is dishonest and misleading. I will be monitoring your posts to be sure you do not mislead travelers in the future. If you do post false information I will report to tripadvisor.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

Where do you get your information? There are legal B&B's Harlem. I am one of them.

Your post is dishonest and misleading. I will be monitoring your posts to be sure you do not mislead travelers in the future. If you do post false information I will report to tripadvisor.

Edited: 10:14 am, March 24, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

MoreFF didn't say there were no legal accommodations in Harlem, just that there were none in the location the poster asked about. Do yourself a favor and don't threaten the regular posters, okay? Which B&B do you own?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

MoreFF wrote: "There aren't any hotels or legal accommodations in that area I hope you are staying with friends or family."

this is the response to current guests post. The reply is false. Guest here shared the post as it clearly is dishonest. They post is very specific where they are staying. I will report as inappropriate any false information which harms my business.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transport from Jfk to Harlem

Do what you wish. There was no malice intended.

What's the name and address of totr legal b&b as previously asked.