We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning a special day in NYC!

Lisboa - Portugal
12 posts
Save Topic
Help planning a special day in NYC!

Hi there,

Me and my girlfriend will be in NYC from 14th to 18th of June, i've read a lot of forum question, but would like some tips in providing a really special day on the 17th.

My plans is to make it the best day of our stay and pop the big question during that day.

So i would like to spend the entire day doing thing's that she loves and i was thinking about finishing off with the Bateux Dinner Cruise or nice dinner in a romantic restaurant + New York City Lights Cruise.

So let me tell you a bit about her, she loves books, NY, Movies(especially Woody Allen) and theatre.

What we have arranged for the other day's so far:

- ESB

- Top of rock

- Moma

- Broadway shows, a musical and a play!

I've already booked a room for 3 nights at the Econolodge TS, but on our last night i would like to book a room in a hotel that could do something nice like flowers on the bed after we left for dinner, something around the 300$ would be nice.

Could use some tip's on restaurant's and bars near the hotel we are staying for the first nights.

Thanks for the help!

I like all sort's of foo

Lisboa - Portugal
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help planning a special day in NYC!

Sorry i've spent last 2 weeks reading posts about NYC and getting confused.... But i haven't stated our likes and dislikes food wise!

We are both 29, we like quiet restaurant's with dimmed light's, our tastes for decor are a bit mixed and not really a decision making factor, except for the italian, you know, litle red-white square table cloth, etc...

Preference in food goes to Italian, Chinese, Thay, Indian, noodles and also we would like to enjoy a true NY steakhouse!

Medium budget options will be fine since we don´t drink wine, just lemonade for me and water for her so it should keep our budget controlled.

I'm not looking for fancy meals except for the "special day" when i hope i surprise my GF with a very nice dinner!

I

June 14

Some fast/light food before going to bed (sugestions?)

June 15

After theatre dinner/Bar with live music? (sugestions?)

Thanks again and sorry to be such a pain....

12. Re: Help planning a special day in NYC!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 13, 2009