We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Hello, Can anyone give me a current weather forecast for NYC ?

Looks like snow, from the forecasts i'm looking at?

I see the temperatures but just want a quick heads up from anyone there at the moment. I know it's winter and weather looks unsettled - just packing - warm clothes obviously but is it scarves and gloves weather - that sort of thing!

Thank you

Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Just got back from a week in nyc, hat, scarf and gloves needed as winds were very cold. Needed them for 5 out of 7 days. Shops and hotels are very hot so had to take them off very quickly after entering anywhere.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Not snowing yet. It is cold now but they are saying mild temps (mid 40s F) and sun for Sat & Sunday. Any snow we get should be well gone by then!

manchester
Level Contributor
130 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Freezing we just got back so so cold

Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Great - Thank you everyone for replying. Will get back to packing the gloves!

Don't mind the snow as long as I get there and no travel disruptions! but looks like i'll be ok then EKGin NYC thank you :)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Should only be an inch or two here - which is like nothing. Everything should be up and running without a hitch. Of course, since we travel belowground, snow has less of an effect here.

Dress in layers. Spring is coming.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

Not sure where you are from but I am here at the moment and not finding it that much colder than London, aside from when the wind blows which can be icy. There are snow flakes right now, but just light pretty ones, not settling at the moment.

Here is today's article about the storm (or lack of) for this weekend nypost.com/p/news/local/hah_you_call_this_st…

i would recommend some kind of boots as you may want them if it does snow or rain because NYC has a fair few holes in the road and parts of the gutters that don't drain that well so some puddles can be quite large :) Have fun!

7. Re: Weather in NYC - Snow this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2014