We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

SBS Australia has had a great supply of docos about New York in recent months. I highly recommend this one which aired last night and is available on demand on their website. Incredibly informative and moving. Great perspective for our visit in just a few short months.

sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/18851907953/Sandy-…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,798 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

I saw that last night. It was very interesting.

If I were the authorities that could see that thing heading towards NY I would have been really panicking yet they were quite calm and collected. And despite all their preparations the storm was much bigger than they could handle.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

The video content is "currently not available" at this time (from your link) for some reason, but I watched one from our "Weather Channel" last week that was excellent.

It was definitely a very scary storm and my heart still goes out to those adversely affected by it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

People are definitely still being affected. I know here on Long Island in the city of Long beach, there's mold all over people's houses and vermin running wild. Not to mention all the damage to the houses. Heard about this on the news.

Edited: 8:41 am, March 07, 2013
NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

SBS must just be available In Australia. Just checked and it can be found on Youtube.

5. Re: Sandy- Anatomy of a Superstorm documentary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 09, 2014