We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn or Yotel???

indianapolis
1 post
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn or Yotel???

Visiting NYC for the first time late March with husband and two teenagers. I have both Yotel (queen and 2 bunks) and the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea (2 queens) booked but I a unsure which would be best for us based on neighborhood, safety, views, comfort, etc. We are seeing 3 shows during our 4 days there so yotel would be good but we are also checking out lower Manhattan, Littel Italy, etc. My daughter wants to be near Times Square and the lights. Everyone else is easy to please. Both are the same in cost, including parking. Thanks for your help!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Yotel???

I don't know about the HGI, but I was thinking of the Yotel for the cool factor for our teens. However, once I read multiple reviews stating that the beds are quite uncomfortable, I changed my mind rather quickly. There's not much worse than a bad night's sleep on vacation. However, I would definitely say that if the cool factor is what you're after, it appears to have that in spades, not to mention it really does get great reviews on TA. I just can't even consider a place where I know ahead of time I may have a difficult time sleeping, as NY vacations aren't exactly what I'd consider relaxing. But I do love the city. :-)

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d2079052…

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,074 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Yotel???

The Yotel bathrooms are not very private at all. So unless you and the rest of the family are very comfortable with the whole lack of privacy I would suggest a different hotel.

I know my teens would not be too happy with a glass door and a curtain in front and then there are the gaps!!

Though the Yotel is very cool!

3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Yotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 22, 2014