We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

broadway show

leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
broadway show

Hi - we are going to New York in May and are wondering whether its best to book seats for a show now or wait for last minute? If now - does anyone know which website is best please?

There will be myself, hubby and 11 year old son - we have already been lucky enough to have seen the lion king and the wizard of Oz in London - so any other suggestions would also be very welcome?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: broadway show

spiderman

rock of ages

wicked-is that what you mean by the wizard of oz?

www.broadwaybox.com has discounts on the left hand side only else you will have to book with the official seller

tkts has discount tickets too

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,975 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: broadway show

It depends on which show you want to see whether to book in advance. Most shows are on discount as LMV says and for those, you'd have to wait til March or April to see discounts online for May. But some shows like Wicked are never discounted so it's best to buy those in advance.

didhelikeit.com

is a site with critic reviews. This will show you what's playing

playbill.com/events/listing/1/Broadway-Shows/

new york
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: broadway show

There is a Wizard of Oz musical - in Toronto now. I agree with others - if it is a sold out show such as Wicked, need to book ASAP. If the show is not sold out, then I would wait a while and look for discounts closer to the date via broadwaybox.com and playbill.com. I do like to book in advance because I don't like to stand in line for discounts (and I like to be sure I get the seats I want).

leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: broadway show

Hiya, thanks v much for taking the time to reply everyone-much appreciated.

Kerry

Indianapolis Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: broadway show

We saw Spiderman when in NYC last July. It was wonderful. We bought tickets ahead for a matinee but met a friend of my daughter who bought last minute & got great seat.(In fly zone) There is a half price ticket place around Times Square that will save some money but you may not get ticket for play you want to see. We however have had good luck with it. Matinees seem to be easiest to get half price for. Sorry I don't know address of half price ticket place... maybe one of the experts can provide?

Edited: 7:34 pm, February 17, 2013
leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: broadway show

Hiya, thanks v much for taking the time to reply everyone-much appreciated.

Kerry

7. Re: broadway show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014