We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

Houston
Level Contributor
265 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

So I need help figuring out the best spot to watch the July 4th fireworks. I know its a bit early, but I wanted to get some ideas as I know the good spots/event tickets get sold pretty quickly (or at least I assume they do)

I have done some research and found many cruises on the Hudson river, but not sure I want to be stuck on a boat for 4 hours with drunks. I also dont want to wait around with the masses of people and sit on the lawn. Im looking for a chic rooftop party at a hotel or restaurant. Cost is not an issue (dont get me wrong, I dont want to pay $2k per tickets) but a couple hundred or more per person is ok.

Any advice? Has anyone been to a great viewing party?

Thanks in advance for the tips

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

As we don't even know what river the fireworks will be over, it is impossible to tell you where to watch them from.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

Hey fancypants2008:-) IF they're on the Hudson River again this year, you may want to check out www.thepresslounge.com/ at the Ink48 Hotel;-) Best.. and enJOY!

New York City
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

They do not charge to see the fireworks. You can see them for free

Houston
Level Contributor
265 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

My mistake, I thought they were always over the Hudson River every year?? Guess I was wrong. Another good reason to ask questions!

Thanks for the tips and hotel suggestions. I will be checking out the Macys website for more info on location closer to the date.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

I too would like to know more about this! I will be there as well. I have never been to NY so I am clueless! Thanks for asking this!

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

last year we took the cornucopia majestic cruise and it was a nice experiencie. Tons of people but there were no drunks at all. It's definately worth it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

I am glad to hear that. I considered that but figured it would be a bunch of drunks which I don't want to be around.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

I don't know anything personally about Cornucopia but I remembered this thread about their New Year's Eve cruise.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5792124…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

I am also looking for the same thing. Sorry I replied to this with no info but I wanted to be notified when there are reply's. This was the only way I knew how.

Hopefully we find something good!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,014 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: July 4th-Best place to watch Fireworks?

I am researching this too. A friend of mine in NYC, who seems to know a bit, suggested that I search "Macy's 4th of July" and I ended up here: nycgo.com/events/macys-fourth-of-july-firewo… It is kinda talking in the present tense in stating: "As was the case the past few years, the fireworks take place over the Hudson River..." I am now following this thread for updates as well!

Kaki