We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

Save Topic
Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

I'm looking to visit New York in September/October time and am looking for a hotel room/suite that will sleep parents and 2 teenage boy/girl siblings. So ideally need a room with a double bed and 2 singles beds and am struggling to find a hotel that fits the bill!

I visited New York last year and stayed in The Edison Hotel and had a room with this set up (one double and 2 single beds) but wasn't overly impressed with the hotel and booked it quite last minute so I was hoping to do a bit more research this time to see if there are any other hotels that fit the bill!

We're looking to stay relatively central to Times Square/Broadway but would be fine staying slightly further say 55th Street - 35th Street 9th Ave - Park Ave

I've started to email a few hotels to see if they offer this set up but any help and suggestions would be most appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

Affinia group may suit

HOWEVER you are too far out to get good prices PLUS Sept/Oct is very expensive

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

The Beacon Hotel has one bedroom suites, some with two queen beds, with a pull out sofa in a separate sitting room/kitchenette area. They also have a two bedroom/two bath suite that might suit you. You have to call the hotel directly to reserve the two bedroom/two bath suite. That can't be reserved online. You didn't state your budget, did you?

Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Budget isn't a massive factor, we're looking at something kind of average priced (I know that's a bit vague! The previous times we've been to New York we've booked a flight & hotel package, so am not sure what the hotel worked out per night)

The Affina looks ideal but looks like it could be a little bit too far out. But will definitely look into it.

The Beacon looks like it could be an option, their website says their rooms sleep a maximum of 3 adults (or 2 adults to children) but I'll email them to see if they have any rooms for 4 adults.

I fear that we may be being a bit too fussy!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

far out from where?

You are right - its difficult to advice when you say "average priced"

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

There are very few hotels with the set up you describe. The Tryp is the only one I know of in the area you want. They have rooms with a queen bed and bunkbeds. But most any suite hotel will have rooms and/or suites with 2 double or 2 queen beds and a sofabed. A few have 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms if budget is really no issue. This includes Doubletree Guest suites in Times Square which has both 1 & 2 bedrooms, 5 Affinia hotels with 1 bedrooms and a few 2 bedrooms, the San Carlos, the Kimberly, Best Western Hospitality (1 & 2 bedrooms) and the

Beaconhotel.com

Which, while not in midtown is extremely popular. You have to phone or email them for 2 bedroom prices.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

You need to start using

Maps.google.com

For distances. Many of the Affinias are within the area you defined or one avenue further east. Unless you're coming solely for theater, there's no reason to be on top. Of Times Square anyway.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

NYC is very walkable and the subway is excellent for longer distances. Attractions are spread out so there is no reason to be right in crowded and touristy Times Square.

When you check maps.google.com, notice that you can type in hotel names, destination names, and click a person or train icon in the get directions section. That will give you a good sense of how convenient various hotel locations are. You can also view what is in the immediate vicinity of your hotel (if that is important to you). Just zoom in to the neighborhood, then type "restaurants" or "shopping"

8. Re: Hotel rooms for 4 adults - 3 beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 08, 2014