We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nyc in May

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
nyc in May

I want to stay for a week and catch two shows of my fave artist: Beth Hart ! One show is at City Winery at 155 Varrick St., which I think is either SoHo or the Village .... not sure. I also need to this a 'do-over' or 'make-up' trip to my husband. It was his first trip and I ruined it by being too cold and sick to enjoy ANY outings.

Please, any suggestions would be appreciated ... I want to make it a 'local' feel kind of trip - also considering craigslist for a 'local' place to stay. Would do think ? How is the weather early May?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,240 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nyc in May

No, not Craigslist for a place to stay.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nyc in May

Short term apartment rentals (which is what you'd find on craigslist) are almost all illegal in NYC.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nyc in May

Look for a hotel room, and a hotel room only -- NOT an apartment.

Thud, crash, end of all further discusson.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,629 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nyc in May

The weather is lovely in May. Early May can still be rainy and occasionally brisk. Craigslist is rife with scams, and apartment rentals are illegal. Stick to hotels.

5. Re: nyc in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 31, 2014