We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

This is my first post, so bear with me here. We are going to NYC in June. I have been asked the question...Does anyone serve Biscuits and Gravy? I have searched alot of Restauants in NYC but can't seem to find anyone that does...Can someone help me out??

Thanks so much....and I know I will be asking alot of other questions soon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Menupages shows many restaurants serving biscuits and gravy:

http://bit.ly/116wZjT

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Red Rooster restaurant www.redroosterharlem.com

A Sunday in January we took a walk in Harlem. we went for brunch in Red rooster, 310 Lenox Av. The restaurant was crowded, but we managed to sit down in the bar. There was live music by a little jazz group, very nice. We had very good and tasty food. I tried biscuits and gravy, have never tasted it before, very good!

After a while the chef, Marcus Samuelsson, came by, and when he heard us speaking swedish he came to our table to say hello. we chatted a while, it was fantastic to meet somebody we have read so much about!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

I wouldn't expect to find biscuits and gravy at a diner. Biscuits and gravy are southern comfort food, so I would expect to find it a Southern or Soul Food restaurant.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

I agree. Look for Southern regional places.

NYC baby!
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Jacob's Pickles on the Upper West Side has amazing biscuits! You can get them with different jams and honey (my favorite) or with gravy. And the rest of the menu is delicious as well.

http://jacobspickles.com/

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Gosh...Thanks everyone...I truly appreciate it..

It's nice to know I can find some decent places that serve some Southern Food, like Biscuits and Gravy.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Now, I have to say, I love biscuits and gravy. My grandmama, Blanche Pickens (the truth) made the best. However, when I am in NYC, I eat bagels, since we can't get good ones down here. We don't have good pastrami either, so I always make sure to get a nice sandwich. You should too.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

Oh I love my bagels, and especially NYC which are the best ...have been to NYC many many times, however, I am taking my 18 year old grandaughter to NYC in June, and she asked me the question about Biscuits and Gravy, as she is the one that loves them. I always make it to several Deli's while I am in the City, so I already know about the best cornbeef and pastrami sandwiches in the USA. But thanks anyway for your comment...

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,610 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

The Delta Grill, a Cajun Place, has it on their menu.

thedeltagrill.com/page/nzv8/Lunch_Brunch_Men…

Pjk

10. Re: Diners that serve Biscuits and Gravy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:51 am, February 03, 2013