We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

The Settlement...
4 posts
Save Topic
Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

Hi all,

My friend and I are from Australia and are wanting to go to NYC for christmas and new year arriving on the 24th dec 2013 and leaving 2nd jan 2014....

can anyone recommend hotels that have balconies or courtyards that might even have 2 bedrooms that isnt going to cost a lot of $$.....

any tips or ideas would be great

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

Please tell us what " a lot of $$" means to you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

I'm sorry to day that two bedroom suites will cost a lot of $$, especially from the 29th to the 31st. Some you can investigate include

Hotel Beacon

Radio City Apartments

Marinara

Affinia chain of hotels

You'll pay less for a 2 bed room.

Keep in mind that anything you see for December will be rack rates. The earlier part of your stay is likely to get cheaper the closer it gets to December. We usually recommend to book something cancelable now you are happy with, then keep an eye out for deals. However, there won't be deals after the 28th.

The Settlement...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

we are wanting to budget for $2000 and under for the total price for the stay?

is it do able?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

For 9 nights? For what you would like - unfortunately, no, that budget will not cover it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

That's about $195 per night before taxes and I think you can manage that for a regular hotel room. However, it won't be enough for a 2 bed suite.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,350 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

Most NYC hotels don't have a courtyard or balcony. Of the few that do, most don't allow smoking there (in case that's why you are asking).

Your budget is very low for NYC around New Years. It's too early to see realistic rates for that time period, but it is unlikely that you will be able to get anything in Manhattan. Country Inn and Suites in Long Island City (Queens) is usually a good bet for a less expensive hotel that is a short subway ride from Manhattan, but they are not yet publishing their usual discounted rates (even on their own website).

Mentioned in this post
Queens
Queens
New York
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

Most hotels on the 31st in Manhattan are a minimum of $500-$600 range, with a 2 night min. And I'm not even talking a fancy hotel.

Edited: 4:43 pm, January 07, 2013
8. Re: Christmas and New Year in NYC Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 09, 2014