We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa / hotel pool facilities

dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spa / hotel pool facilities

Hello there,

My husband and I will be visiting NYC for a week between Jan 12 & 19. It will be his birthday during our visit and I would like to arrange some nice treatment during the day for him.

I was thinking of a massage, in a hotel spa of which we could also spend some time chilling out in pool / jacuzzi / steam room type facilities.

Can anyone recommend a hotel spa which would meet our needs - I would really love if we could find one that has a great view!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

A

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,547 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

I've stayed at the Affinia Dumont many times but have never tried the spa. But it does look quite nice.

http://www.oasisdayspanyc.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

Hey ann08dublin:-) I think the Madarin Oriental Hotel spa at Columbus CIrcle more than fits the bill;-) Have fun.. and totally enJOY!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,856 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

That MO spa looks fabulous, but the prices are crazy! I usually just go for a basic 50 minute massage and I didn't see any that were that short or within my price range.

That being said, I enjoyed my time at the very small Chatwal Hotel spa (now an Elizabeth Arden Red Door). The prices were in line with other spas I've been to, and they had a tiny pool and jacuzzi. It's very nice, quiet, peaceful. I liked how each person got their own dedicated changing room with everything in there (shower, WC, dressing area), not a big locker room like many places. Another nice touch was the fact they give you more than one robe. Had one to go to get my massage and soak in the jacuzzi, then when I got back to the changing room there was a fresh one waiting for me. But unfortunately the only "view" is the murals painted on the walls :(

Edited: 8:41 pm, December 28, 2012
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

..well, it is a special occassion.. and no price spread was given.. so..;-) FWIW, I gave a gift certificate for a 20-30 min foot massage for a friend's bridal shower (forget exactly how long it was for.. but not long .. full use of all facilities included.. for that matter, reccommended to show up an hour ahead at least to take in the wonderful facilities.. pool, sauna, jacuzzi, etc.. well worth it IMO;-) Nonetheless, an option for OP! Keep enJOYin'!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

The Peninsula hotel has a nice spa and pool.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

I can vouch for the Peninsula since I have been there a couple of times and it is very nice!!! However, you can only use the pool if you book 2 services. You can go in the steam room with 1 service but you can't use the pool. There is no jacuzzi but the pool is heated and has a very nice view. I once went there at the beginning of January and they let me use the pool since it was a very slow day. I think if you call ahead and ask nicely and mention that it is for a special occasion, you could maybe get the use of the pool.

I once booked a "spacation" like they call it and I had lunch by the pool also. It was very quiet and I loved it!

dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

Thank you all very much for your advice !

I have taken a look at the MO and it looks like it fits the bill, however it is a little pricey, so i will have to think a little more about it. I think it might be a nice way to spend a cold January morning though...

I will check out the Peninsula and Oasis day spa also.

thanks again all !

Edited: 10:59 am, December 30, 2012
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

You're welcome anne08Dublin:-) Happy choosing.. and keep enJOYin'!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

The Parker Meridien and ONE UN (formerly known as the Millenium UN Plaza) have rooftop pools with views and spas and shouldn't be as expensive as these others.

10. Re: Spa / hotel pool facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 02, 2014