We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nyc Tour

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
nyc Tour

Hi there,

What would be the best tour to use between Christmas and New years for a pair of early thirty year olds?

Would it be a night tour, bus tour, walking, tour, day tour? We'd like to do something with wow factor :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nyc Tour

I'm confused -- what is it that you are trying to tour?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nyc Tour

I would like to take a tour of NYC. I have read about tours of Central Park, or the tours at night to see the lights.

I have heard about walking tours and bus tours.

I am just not sure which one to decide to go with.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nyc Tour

The tours you mention are very different , and are aimed at seeing very different things. I would therefore recommend taking the tour that goes to look at the things that most interest you, while avoiding the tours that show things you are not interested in as much.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nyc Tour

What are you planning to do in NYC when you are not taking a tour?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nyc Tour

I have purchased tickets to a broadway show and reserved tickets to view the 911 Memorial Museum.

Id like to see all the lights and shops, go to the Rockefellar Centre and Central Park. I am bringing our skates so we can skate at one of the outdoor rinks.

I want to take in as much of NYC as I can in the few days we are there :)

Nocona, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: nyc Tour

I just booked a tour with OnBoard tours. They have great reviews on here and offer many different tours. You might get on their website and check out the different options.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nyc Tour

Perfect thank you so much!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nyc Tour

realnewyorktours.com

takes you around by subway and on foot as another option. There's no one tour that will take you to everything (in fact it's impossible to see everything in one visit) but you can do more than one tour or use a tour for an overview and do some other things on your own.

Bolton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: nyc Tour

Ive booked the 'see ny in 1 day tour' with Viator

10. Re: nyc Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013