We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eataly...to or not to go?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Eataly...to or not to go?

I've read some really mixed reviews and that its horribly crowded...

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

tripadvisor.com/…45496685

If you’re in the area I would highly recommend stopping in, a number of places to eat/drink and people all over having a great time.

Its crowded but I wouldn't state horribly crowded, the place is huge.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

It's been horribly crowded every time I've been in, but some people like that kind of vibe. Run in, get gelato, run out. Had some good prices on produce but couldn't handle the whole process of actually buying it.

Edited: 4:17 pm, November 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

What about restaurants? Good ones for pasta or pizza? Any suggestions

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,258 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

The beer garden on the roof is the best place to eat. Although I like the Verdura counter too. Havent had pasta - have had pizza to go. It's good but not exceptional (but by the time I got it 4 blocks home, it was cool). The gelato is good.

Eately can be a zoo in prime time and I wont give away my secrets of when it's manageable! If I want to run in and out for bread, I dont want to fight my way through 100s of gawkers.

suitcaseready.com

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

"wont give away my secrets of when it's manageable!"

Whooopsy!

Edited: 5:32 pm, November 30, 2012
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,897 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

We thought Chelsea Market would be a mob scene, too....but getting there before 11 (and I suspect also after 1:30 - 2) would not be so bad...it was not crowded at all, (I mean, there were people, but it was not ridiculous)...except for the restrooms...they were a joke...

But is Eataly pretty much the same, or more popular (since it's newer), and especially, have they figured out that people gotta "go"??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

Chelsea Market is crowded weekends and lunch times. But otherwise, a breeze. I thoroughly understand the restroom situation. There oughta be a law!

Usually the crowd is most visibly congregated outside the shops. Once you navigate through that it is smooth sailing. I prefer the pasta and other condiments at Buon Italia to that of EATALY. Although I do go to EATALY for their bread and some of the cured meats. They are also the only ones that I know of that have a meat filled ravioli which comes in handy when feeding children.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,587 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

I think you should see it and make up your own mind...............I went, and I'm glad I did.................yes, there are lots of people there, but never once did it have a negative impact on my visit...............

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

That's great advice, Eden7. Everything is subjective. What is a crowd to one is a breeze to another. We each have our level of tolerance. In the end you can always say, "been there and done that!"

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eataly...to or not to go?

We are going today, probably after noon