We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some evening entertainment in Manhattan

England, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
some evening entertainment in Manhattan

Hi all

My partner and I are eloping next April to NYC to get married. We are going for a very informal event and we've sorted out where we are having the ceremony and where we'd like to have a meal in the evening but need some suggestions for places to go in the evening. There will be about 20 of us and we'd like somewhere we could reserve an area to have some drinks or perhaps somewhere that has cabaret or entertainment. Somewhere downtown would be good as we're hoping to eat there.

Any ideas - wild, wacky or more refined would be appreciated!

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some evening entertainment in Manhattan

Pianowez,

One thing that I absolutely love about NYC (similar to London) is that there are multiple events in almost every imaginable genre each evening of the week (it makes it difficult to live anywhere else).

Events will pop up in different places -as promoters work different venues, and parties start up or get put out to pasture.

Here is a list of calendars that I use to keep track of it all-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

I find Timeout NY (linked in the list above) is a general mess with TMI (too much info) unless you are looking at the critics picks for the week end coming up, but you may find Caberet specic events there (also some interesting Burlesque nights in various places).

The Oh my Rockness link (also in the list above) is good for live local, national, and international acts.

The Webster Hall link is a multi level night club that is good for dancing the night away in a large crowd (Thurs, Fri., & Sat late nights) and some of their events through the week are o.k.

As you look through the list you will see what each calendar covers, and you can also ask again in the forum closer to the date if you haven't settled on anything specific yet...

Congrats on the wedding & have fun!

England, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some evening entertainment in Manhattan

Thanks very much for the link to the calendars and for the useful tips! I'll have a read through it and see if there's anything we fancy. Thanks again :-)

3. Re: some evening entertainment in Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 17, 2013