We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

Hey everyone, the daughter and hubby are headed down on Wednesday and were wondering whether the fairs are open on Thanksgiving?

Is there a list somewhere of whats open and closed?

Thanks!

Wish I was coming too :( **sigh**

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

In previous years, the market inside Grand Central has been closed on T'giving day but it doesn't indicate that here.

essential-new-york-city-guide.com/holiday-ma…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

Thanks, nywhiz. There doesn't seem to be any definitive info on the outdoor markets for Thanksgiving Day, so they will have to make the ultimate sacrifice and walk around your beautiful city to find out!

***Sigh***.. That made me sad again :(

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

Are you aware Lord & Taylor will be open this Thanksgiving day???? First time ever!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

It's so funny that you mentioned that, nywhiz!

My daughter told me yesterday that they walked to Union Square and the outdoor market was closed (Bryant Park's fair was open, by the way). Then, by pure coincidence, they discovered, in my daughter's words "a magical place that was opened called Lord & Taylor", where she picked up a Michael Kors jacket for $60.00!!! Needless to say, she's having a blast!

5. Re: Holiday Fairs - Bryant Park, Union Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 16, 2013