We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highline in November

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
299 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Highline in November

should we go for it? and then maybe chelsea market..is possible to add in soho, nolita and chinatown for 1 day ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highline in November

I don't see why not. Start on Canal Str in Chinatown, walk up Broadway in Soho (not sure why you want to see Nolita there's nothing there), then walk to 6th Avenue, hop on the A/C/E and get off at 8th Avenue. Walk until you get tired, then come back to Chelsea market.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
299 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highline in November

thanks how long will this walk takes 2-3 hours?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
299 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highline in November

sorry i meant little italy..

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
201 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highline in November

Ugh..I don't get the excitement about high line..sorry I really don't. I finally went to see what all the fuss was about..I kept waiting and waiting..maybe the next turn..maybe the next few minutes..maybe maybe maybe..there was nothing nothing to see. Unless you like to see the backs of buildings (and not the better part of the building..no views..what views you do see are not the prettiest parts of town..I just don't get the drawer of this place. The only good thing about this is that it is free. If you want to go for a walk and see pretty..go to Central Park. High line had nothing nothing nothing going for it. It made me wonder are people that sheltered to praise this..I just don't get it..sorry..but I would never recommend it to anyone.

Edited: 9:05 am, November 15, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,898 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Highline in November

It's subjective - everyone has their own tastes. I too do not care for it but I can sort of see why others might enjoy it.

Unless you are in some mad rush, I don't see why you would tackle all these neighborhoods in such a short amount of time. As to Little Italy - it is basically one street now and that has been subsumed by Chinatown. It's actually kind of depressing to me - but, again, that is personal.

I am guessing you have looked at a map and have some idea of the distances for the walk you mention - and, your guidebook offers up what is of interest to see along the way - so, not sure how that can all be done in those few hours.

new jersey
Level Contributor
992 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highline in November

we checked it out last weekend - cool to see - not sure that I would run back to it again (maybe when the last section is finished).

stuckinnj

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highline in November

The High Line is great for locals who had little open space down near their apartments. I don't at all understand the attraction for tourists.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Highline in November

Well, it offers a chance for a little people-watching, which is fun. I have a deck of architectural walking tours around NYC and one of them describes the various old and new buildings around the High Line. Throw in a little public art and what's not to like? :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,803 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Highline in November

I think the fact it is a disused subway track above ground is the novelty. You see the tracks in some parts.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
201 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Highline in November

With so much to see and do in Manhattan alone, I think it is a complete waste of time, jmo.