We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue water grill dress code?

London
Level Contributor
399 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Blue water grill dress code?

Would smart black skinny jeans and nice top and heels be ok? Or is it a dress type affair?? Thanks.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

I've dined at Blue Water Grill in jeans and it is perfectly fine.

Some people like getting dressed up and some people enjoy good food but don't feel the need to get dressed up - it varies. There are very few restaurants that will turn you away unless you're wearing torn tank tops (aka. "wife beaters"), flip flops or something with offensive language.

London
Level Contributor
399 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

Thanks. I normally wear smart jeans and heels here in London and am always fine but some places can be funny. Normally they are black Jeans so just look like smart trousers anyway!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

Your suggested outfit sounds perfect. Like MoreFFMiles, I've eaten at Blue Water Grill in jeans - not sloppily dressed, but not fancy. Enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
399 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

Thanks hope its nice, booked a table downstairs in jazz room. I love seafood and my sister recommended it.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

Blue Water Grill is very good - yes.

If you absolutely love seafood and want to try some other great restaurants while you're here, there is always Mary's Fish Camp (so good). You don't have to deal with the hassle of trying to get into their cramped Manhattan space as they now have a great space in the trendy Brooklyn Fifth Avenue restaurant district as well.

Aqua Grill is very popular too. I've been a couple times and really enjoyed it.

I used to love Esca but they so very disappointed me this past summer. My first experience at Esca was exquisite. My most recent visit was quite possibly one of my worst dining experiences in years.

Lure is another good place.

Thalassa is a very good Greek restaurant specializing in seafood.

Oceana is top notch.

London
Level Contributor
399 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

Thanks. Sadly only here for three nights this time and hubby is a big steak fan so think I may only have the one chance!! Next time....

7. Re: Blue water grill dress code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013