We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms for New Year's Eve

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms for New Year's Eve

Anyone got any ideas were to find decent accommodation over the new year period that doesn't break the bank, I'm looking in any area that's closest to Times Square.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

You need to tell people what your nightly budget is, how many beds you need, and what your exact travel dates are.

Edited: 6:39 am, November 06, 2012
warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

It's for one person who has decided to join our group, we have already booked in Hilton New York so looking for accommodation as close to this and surrounding area so shes not constantly having to travel on her own obviously price permitting, ive seen some hotels in long island that are resonably price but not being from new york i have no clue on the distance this is to manhatten her budget is no more then 1000 euro for the 6 nights

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

We deal in dollars - can you tell us the budget in dollars instead of euros?

If you are talking about Long Island CITY, it is right across the East River from Manhattan - an easy commute into Manhattan. Long Island is not what you want but Long Island CITY is in Queens, making it part of New York City.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

She doesn't want to be paying no more then 1500 dollars for the entire 6 nights, as long as she's within good travelling distance to us

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

If any one could suggest any surrounding areas that would be great

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

The only thing I see with availability that comes close is the Quality Inn in Long Island City. The Verve is nicer and includes breakfast but is a bit more. Not all hotels in Long Island City are near the subway so be careful if you look at others.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

Thanks ill take a look as I said doesn't need to be in Long Island city just need somewhere affordable and not to out of the way for her to be able to travel on her own

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

Long Island City is the closest option outside Manhattan to where you're staying unless she stays across the Hudson River in New Jersey which is less convenient, especially if you plan late nights. Btw, I checked Dec 27-Jan 2. If your dates are different, prices could be better. Country In. & Suites s another good option in LIC.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

Pretty much spot on with the days 28th dec till 3rd jan, so the period of travel is obviously reflect in the price which we knew it would be i will get her to have a look.

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms for New Year's Eve

Quality Inn is fine and also includes breakfast. Just a few subway stops from Times Square/42nd St station.