We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
192 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking the threads for the past week in preparation for my upcoming trip. This is the first time I'm posting a q as I wanna make sure I ask something that hasn't been covered before and because Google search is giving me the runaround.

To H&M shoppers, I would like to ask which H&M store carries their plus size line? From what I gather, they're sort of still testing the market and so they're just running the plus size line in one store.

One blog mentioned the store on 34th, but info is scarce. Hope someone can verify.

Thanks very much!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

I was at Centruy 21 two years ago ... the person I asked, SAID they had plus size clothes but they weren't separate, just 'mixed in". I found NONE and stopped looking after about 10 minutes.

I've never been in a Burlington Coat Factory that doesn't have plus sizes, but selections vary dramatically from visit to visit

Lord and Taylor has a huge selection and often has markdowns. I've never looked at that department in Macy's but the ones where I live are pretty good so I would imagine the on in the Herald Square store would be great.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

I love this thread! I'm also looking for really good intimate apparel and deals on plus-size clothing, so thanks a lot for the super good tips!

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

It is the one on 34th street -- just came back fom NYC and found some real great deals and nice pieces in plus sizes at this H&M store. You may also want to try Macy's just down the street -- a whole floor of plus size clothing with fantastic choice! Happy shopping! And in Times Square at the Forever 21 location -- they had some fun pieces for plus sizes .

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

just a note - here in the uk i consider myself 'plus-sized', but found in nyc, i was not. the trick appears to be to look for 'women's wear' rather than 'misses'. i found well-fitting jeans and tops in the ordinary size range in all stores with women's wear departments.

i can also recommend bali bras for a good range of minimiser underwear at chain-store prices.

i was very impressed with the changing rooms at tj maxx on 6th and the new burlington coat factory on 14th st. huge cubicles, well lit, and good mirrors!

pam

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

Women's wear is another name for plus sizes. The Macy's directory probably says "Women's Clothes" not "Womens Plus". Generally women's sizes start at 16 and are marked "16W" (W = women although those of us who wear that size sometimes jokingly call it 16-wide). Women's 16W is larger than Misses' 16. Occassioanlly you'll see something marked 16WP. That's 16 Women's Petite. A long time ago these were called "half sizes" and marked 16 1/2.

Most stores, such as Macy's and Lord & Taylor go up to 24W but some of the specialy stores, such as Lane Bryant and Avenue go up to 30W or 32W).

If you wear a 16W most of the 1X shirts from the Misses department will fit you. Also, some size 20 misses bottoms might work for you too ... it depends on how you are shapped. However, some Misses Items stop at size 16.

Edited: 7:38 am, December 01, 2012
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

hmm. funnily enough, that was not my experience. in tj maxx, burlington, and marshall, misses ran to size 14, but there was little difference between bust, waist and hip measurements. the clothes were not 'hourglass' but 'athletic'. women's ran from 10 to 16, but had a definite waist. plus were 14 and up.

i generally take an 18 [top] and 16 [bottom] in uk sizes, and found a 12, both top and bottom, fitted well from the women's ranges, but bore no relation to my shape in the misses ranges.

all very confusing. the changing room is your 'must see' location, i feel!

pam

Toronto
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

Just got back from NYC last night and got some great deals at Macy's on the Plus Size floor. Great selection and variety, a lot of promotions on and with the extra 10%, made for some items at 60% off.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

H&M 34th St. has 2 sweaters in a corner near the sale rack as their "plus size" section. Not worth it.

Edited: 7:12 pm, June 24, 2013
19. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 19, 2013
Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Plus Size Shopping - Which H&M Store?

forever 21 does have Plus size department, the one in the times square that is.

Edited: 12:22 am, May 27, 2014