We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

Hi

I only just discovered Tanger outlets online today. I had been planning to go to Woodbury common, I've already been before and enjoyed it however the stores seem more appealing on the Tanger website.

Has anyone any thoughts on the pros or cons of each?

Is Tanger easy to get to from the city?

Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

woodbury is much better!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,564 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

There's a Tanger in Deer Park and another in Riverhead. The Deer Prk location is closer to Manhattan but not as big as either of the others. Riverhead while doable by bus is really far. Jersey Gardens is another option close to Manhattan.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

Another vote for Woodbury Commons!

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

Woodbury Common is by far the best.

There is very little in Farmingdale. Riverhead is larger but unless you're going to wine country, it is really kind of sad. Woodbury Common is the real deal. Nothing really compares to Woodbury Common - often imitated but never duplicated.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

I would n't waste a day going to Woodbury Common, Jersey Gardens is half an hour by bus and has all the stores.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

Is there a box to check for neither? These outlets normally sell goods that were specifically made for them - and are of a shoddier quality. Plus, by the time that you figure in costs of transportation and time spent - the equation does not seem to be worth it.

If you are someone who loves and lives to shop - OK, but for the rest of us, there are lots of great stores in the City, and they are always having sales. You have to ask yourself whether it is worth spending a valuable day in NYC in a suburban shopping mall?

7. Re: Tanger outlets vs Woodbury common

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 17, 2013