We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

cork
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

Hi first timers in New York. Myself my husband and two teenagers. We need to get from Newark airport to Wellington hotel near Times Square. Have read a lot of bad reviews on airport shuttles so was going to use the train into penn. is this easy to do? When we get to penn do we look for a particular exit to get us near to our destination of the Wellington. Not sure how far it is so we may walk or just get a cab. Would appreciate if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

Have you tried booking a car to pick you up? I'd recommend Dial 7. We have used them 4 times without fail!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

The thing is that four people packed into a sedan will be really cramped. It is fine for two people but four adults are going to be so cramped.

Larger vehicles are always a lot more expensive.

Traffic at mid-day is unpredictable and can potentially turn a 45 - 50 minute trip into a 90 minute trip, particularly as we get closer to the holidays.

The train is simple. It is fast and efficient. It is reliable. There is plenty of room for baggage and it is just so much more comfortable. After a long flight, I prefer to stand in the vestibule, stretch my legs and get the blood flowing. You can also sit comfortably and watch the view from the train.

Simply take the easy to find AirTrain Newark in the direction of the Rail Link Station (all very well-marked). You simply transfer to the NJ Transit train into New York Penn Station.

Exit New York Penn for 31st St. & 8th Avenue. You can walk, subway, bus or taxi to the hotel - it is roughly a mile up - a little less than 2 km and it is pretty much a straight shot.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,707 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

Make sure you take the NJ transit train (not Amtrak which is more expensive) to NYC Penn station. There's a Penn station in Newark NJ that comes first. Don't get off there by accident.

From Penn station you can either take a taxi (exit out the 8th ave. side and get a taxi heading uptown/north. It's a short ride) OR take the E train subway to the 7th ave. stop and you'll walk 2 short blocks.

http://goo.gl/maps/ijB5Y

If you take the subway, buy a 7 day unlimited metrocard for each of you for the visit..

cork
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

Many thanks people will hav a look at your options

5. Re: Getting from Newark to Wellington hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 14, 2013