We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hilton hotel

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hilton hotel

We are visiting NY for a 4 night stay in may and have some Hhonorpoints to spend. We are mid 30's and want to be in a central location. My favourites so far is Waldorf Astoria followed by NY Hilton and Conrad. How far away is Conrad?

All hotels are equal in point/night.

Thanks!

Pelle

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Conrad looks v nice indeed.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Hilton hotel

I just had a stay at the Conrad on Labor Day weekend. It's very nice, much nicer than any other Hilton property I've stayed in New York City. If it's all about getting the nicest room, I'd say go with the Conrad. But you're definitely sacrificing on the "central location" part of things.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Very good advice. We are "paying"the same price for any Hilton property in town (42500 p) so it is difficult making our mind up. I am lazy, if I take the tube from Conrad to Times Square, is is quicker than 15 minutes?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Hilton hotel

I can't make my mind up but Conrad is to far away. We would like proximity to restaurants, shopping and the major sights and will be using Hilton points. I must admit I would like a luxury feel and a great view.

Does WA upgrade golds to better rooms than the most simple ones? Is the lounge at Hilton NY good (free evening coctails?)

We are oooking for a hotel with some kind of wow-factor. Which one is recommendable?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,932 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Hilton hotel

There are some very nice restaurants and hops on TriBeCa which is just across the Westside Highway from the Conrad. You so have the North End Grill, which is a Danny Meyer restaurant (along with his Shake Shack and Blue Smoke Grill) at the bottom of the hotel.

It is a few blocks to the subway but the express 1and 2 trains take you into Times Square after some three stops.

Choice s yours to make

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Hilton isn't exactly known for the Wow factor. Sorry.

I have plenty of HHonors points and I love the program.

I think the Conrad gives the most wow - it has a grand entrance and it is in a very lively area. It is actually quite lively. A lot of people live in Battery Park and a very significant number of high income earning office workers. There is a Shake Shack there - there are several fun places right in the immediate area.

Danny Meyer's new North End Grill was ranked by Zagat as #1 new entrant for 2012 (I read this yesterday). I dined there in March / April and it was quite possibly one of the best meals I've had this year.

I also like the Times Square Hilton.

I'd probably pick the Conrad first and the Times Square Hilton second.

The Waldorf Astoria will give you wow in a negative way. Wow how far this place has fallen. I look at the Waldorf Astoria today and I say wow - sad.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Hilton hotel

observer.com/2011/…

MoreFFMiles - did the above proposed renovation of the W-A get tabled?

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Hilton hotel

That would be a question nywhiz would probably be able to answer better than I would.

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Doubletree Times Square Suites is a good option. I'm sure its not as grand as Conrad, but they are all suites, spacious, clean and some great views. You get a really good free breakfast also if you are Hilton Gold.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,392 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best Hilton hotel

The renovation at the Waldorf is underway and visible in the public areas but I don't think they've started in the rooms in the regular hotel (may have in the Towers). There's gossip about the hotel being sold and that may be delaying room renovation. If you look at recent reviews here on TA, there are still people complaining about tired looking rooms.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93618-R…