We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Bridgetown, Barbados
9 posts
Save Topic
Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Hi, I am flying in to New York at JFK for a few days and am staying at the Ramada Inn, located at Rochelle Park near Paramus, New Jersey. Planned date is 14 Dec. 2012. My plan is to get the Airtrain to Howards Beach or Jamaica, get the subway to Port Authority & then get the bus to the hotel. Is there any other way in which I can get direct from JFK to this hotel without all the connections. (Other than by taxi of course).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

No. There's also an Express bus from JFK to Port Authority but it's not as dependable as the train. I hope you haven't picked this hotel as a place from which to visit NYC because it,s not very convenient nor is it easy to/from JFK. If you,re looking for inexpensive lodging, look at a hotel in Long Island City like the Verve, near a subway stop. Relying on a bus in/out of NYC is slow and inconvenient.

Bridgetown, Barbados
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Hi. Thanks for your reply. No I am NOT staying at the Ramada to visit NC. I am just staying there for a few days because my 12yr old son is with me & wants to visit the Garden State Mall. I am actually staying at the Hilton Hotel near Newark Penn Station for the majority of my stay in NYC & as my gateway back & from NYC. Maybe you can also give your advice on this idea.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Why would you want to visit Garden State Mall, there is nothing special about that mall

Roosevelt Field on Long Island is much better and closer to JFK

Bridgetown, Barbados
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

We went there before, & my son seem to like it...I dont know why

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

You should really look at changing your flight into Newark. 2nd if your main goal isto see NYC I would reccomend staying in NYC. There is plenty to do in New Jersey besides are sterotypical malls. Here are a few links

www.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.capemay.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com\

www.shophaddonfieldnj.com/

www.funnewjersey.com/

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.destinationmontclair.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.exit82.com

www.findsomerville.com

www.discoversalemcounty.com

www.glasstownartsdistrict.com

www.gocentraljersey.com

www.historicsmithvillenj.com

www.morristown-nj.org

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Roosevelt field is bigger , and has more stores than the Garden State Mall

It has an Apple Store and a Steiner Sports store (All this cool sports stuff) and some southern California store with a real cool Fascade

It has 2 levels of stores

Bridgetown, Barbados
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

Thanks very much for all the great advice. I do appreciate it. I will certainly consider Roosevelt Field when we are at the Hilton & browsing about Manhattan. The reasons I chose the Ramada in Paramus is because it is very close to the mall (just across the street which is good in case the temps get really low), the price is great ( just $70 a night), the rooms & beds are large & clean, & there is a lot going on in the mall in the Dec period which my son seem to like. Plus it will just be for a few days anyhow. This is not my first time in NY as I go there probably once every year since the 1990's. In fact I think I went Roosevelt Field a couple times back in the 1990's when I was vacationing at a friend in Elmont, so I know that basically to get there from Manhattan, you get the E-train to Jamaica, walk up to the station & catch a bus. As I said we will be on vacation so time means nothing. I will just add that I am not staying in Manhattan for the entire vacation. On Christmas eve we amtrak upstate to Rochester to stay at some family up there.

Bridgetown, Barbados
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

BTW Aerules, thanks for thos great links. I was checking thru them & found quite a few things that I interest me.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

The mall is not really across the street from your hotel. Three is a sign for the mall but the mall is about a half mile give or take

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way From JFK to Ramada Inn, Rochelle Park nr. Paramus,

I just cant understand why you'd pick TWO NJ hotels if you're using JFK and have friends in Elmont. You'd be much better staying in Queens which is on the NYC subway system which would save you quite a bit in commuting costs let alone time in travelling. There's a big mall on Queens, Queens Centre. Check out the hotels in Long island CIty near a subway stop.