We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dial7 Question

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dial7 Question

I arrive at Laguardia tomorrow morning and have reserved a Dial7 car. I received the confirmation, but am a bit confused on a couple of items. I understand I need to call the number listed on the confirmation after I get all my luggage, but what do I actually give to the driver once I'm at the car? I used a $5 off coupon and it's acknowledged on the confirmation, but it says the following:

Your Discount Code: XXXXXX. You must write this discount code on coupon and present it to your driver in order to receive the discount.

Does this mean I'm supposed to have a separate coupon?

Also, it lists my credit card info and says the fare is $29 (not including tolls, gratuity, waiting time, and additional stops). I thought all of that was included in Dial7 transfer costs?

Will I need to swipe my credit card again or will it simply be billed after the ride is complete?

Sorry for all the questions. First time visitor and just want to make sure I'm not double billed or missing any information.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,680 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dial7 Question

Sounds like waiting time for hotel pick up too. Like I said.

From their website......

"5. Does Dial 7 charge for waiting time? If so, how is waiting time charged?

Yes. Waiting time charges may be incurred if a passenger arrives late to a pick-up. Waiting time is based on the hourly rate for a particular vehicle and is charged at 15 minute increments.

Time spent waiting at additional stops will also be charged as waiting time. Waiting time charges may apply after the complimentary waiting time expires on a round-trip.

We do not charge waiting time for curb side pick-ups at the airport.

We charge waiting time for meet & greet service at the airport."

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,756 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dial7 Question

I have used Dial7 more than once.

As they have your CC details, they will bill you after the ride. Do not try and pay the Driver. Their Drivers are all sub contracted/owner/operators and the billing is handled centrally by Dial7.

Tampa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dial7 Question

I can't find the $5 printable coupon - only a code. Does anyone have a link for the printable coupon?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dial7 Question

I have always paid the driver with no issues.

you would never be late for a hotel pick up anyway would you?

They confirm as I have said that they only charge waiting time for meet and greet, which I think is a waste of money imo anyway.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,680 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dial7 Question

You could easily be late for a hotel pick-up. Maybe you overslept and are in your room still packing. Or if your flight is later in the day, you could be out and about exploring the city and get back to the hotel later than you thought. There sits Dial 7 waiting for you. Or....like me....you are at one hotel entrance when Dial 7 is at another entrance. (Fortunately they only waited 10 minutes for us...so I didn't have to pay extra)

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dial7 Question

I do agree with you about cancel it first then pay cash later and I did it, to make it simple

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dial7 Question

melysa--you are responding to a post that is over 6 months old! Before writing it makes sense to see if your comment is relevant. Pulling old threads to the top only serves to disrupt the forum.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dial7 Question

Here's a link to the printable coupons.

http://www.dial7.com/1010winsfromtheairport

19. Re: Dial7 Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2014