We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New comfort inn hotel

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New comfort inn hotel

We found a new Comfort Inn hotel set to open in December this year. The prices seem very reasonable for NYC and is close to the cruise terminal. The address is 548 West 48th Street. Does anyone have any information about this hotel? I know it isn't open yet but it doesn't hurt to ask!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New comfort inn hotel

Besides the fact that it will have 89 rooms or suites, you already know everything anyone could know about it:

1) It is going to be a Comfort Inn,

2) it is at 548 West 48th Street, and

3) It isn't open yet.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New comfort inn hotel

www.hotelchatter.com may have further details

New York City
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New comfort inn hotel

548 w 48th St is far from the Subway. Its between 10th and 11th Aves

Closest Subway would be 8th Ave and 50th St . Id say at least half a mile away

At night that area is somewhat empty

4. Re: New comfort inn hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, January 23, 2013
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,841 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New comfort inn hotel

I know that area because I often park right around there. In light of Howard's comments I want to mention that there's another hotel right there, the Skyline Inn http://www.skylinehotelny.com , which I mention NOT to suggest that it's a better choice (I have no idea whether it is or not) but because it's in the exact same area of this new Comfort Inn. If you read reviews of the Skyline you'll get a sense of what it's like to stay in that area tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93345-R…

Having parked right around there many times on weekends, getting there early evening and coming back to get my car between roughly 11 and midnight, I'd say it's not a bad location. You're 5-10 min from TS and the subway and somewhat less time from a zillion restaraunts along 9th avenue. If the price is good I'd go for it.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New comfort inn hotel

I am not familiar with the hotel as it is not yet open but the area is very good.

Ten years ago, that was sort of no-man's land but it has changed big time over the past few years. Ogilvy & Mather has a huge / massive office over on 11th Avenue now (like 47th Street, I think).

The INK 48 Hotel is on 48th Street and 11th Avenue and I've been there many times. I've had cocktails on the rooftop at the Ink 48 very late into the evening on some summer evenings and although the block between 10th and 11th is not especially busy after Midnight, it isn't unsafe.

The Skyline Hotel is nearby on 10th Avenue.

The new Comfort Inn will be well-situated near the Intrepid, the beautiful Hudson River recreation path (for walking / biking / in-line skating) and the restaurants along 9th and 10th Avenues.

It will be a bit more of a hike to the subway than other hotels but I suspect it will be more economically priced than say something right by the subway. It is not a long walk and it is not a bad area so I probably wouldn't hesitate to stay there if it were new, clean, well-managed and reasonably priced. I probably would not pay more to stay there however if there were same or lower priced options of comparable quality closer to the subway.

I hope this is helpful.

7. Re: New comfort inn hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014