We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legal vacation rental in New York

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Legal vacation rental in New York

Hi, I am planning my trip to New York for the first week of september and saw some nice appartents to rent on 212Suites but than I read the reviews on tripadvisor that these are a scam and that 99% of vacation rentals less than a month is illegal in NYC.

Can anyone help me finding the 1% legal rentals in NYC?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legal vacation rental in New York

Flo - the only vacation rentals that are under a month and are legal are "hosted" apartments where the owner of the apartment is living there as well. You would be better served looking at a hotel with efficiencies or a Bed and Breakfast. Check out cheaper lodgings in Brooklyn or in Long Island City.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legal vacation rental in New York

i don't think anyone will. there are good reasons for the law to be what it is.you should look at apart-hotels instead, if you need a kitchen.

have a look at the second of the 'top questions on new york' on the right of this page. there will be enough to keep you quiet for quite a long while!

trust me - it is a bad idea, and you will be told that firmly when nyc wakes up!

pam

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legal vacation rental in New York

There are also legal places in owner occupied buildings but they tend to be large apts. How many are you? Is it this Sept? If you're having a hard time finding something affordable, stay just outside Manhattan a train ride away. Long Island City has a number of hood hotels near the subway (but not all hotels are near the subway)

country Inn

Comfort Inn

Verve

Vetiver

Quality Inn

Holiday Inn Manhattan View

4. Re: Legal vacation rental in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 21, 2013