We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas in NYC

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
xmas in NYC

my wife and I are in nyc dec 6-10, 2012 (4th xmas visit, 5th time in nyc). we're staying midtown east but are very mobile. we've done the "usual" xmas/tourist stuff. any suggestions???? thanks, adrian

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas in NYC

Have you looked at the FAQ page about what to see and do during the winter holidays?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c74298/New-Yor…

It would help if you said what exactly you've done and what you're interested in. People often say things like, "I've seen all the usual tourist sights," and then after questioning it turns out they haven't even done some of the most popular activities.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas in NYC

If you are very mobile, Accomplice is always a lot of fun.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas in NYC

"we've done the "usual" xmas/tourist stuff. any suggestions????"

You are asking this question way to early as it is still summer and we are sweating. Ask again a few weeks before you come as there is something new going on while you are here. Things to do for Chirstmas that are "not targeted" for tourists, happen every year and no one is going to know anything now.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas in NYC

thank you....

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xmas in NYC

thank you for reminding me why I don't use this service very often. Alot of editorials, not alot of info. A

6. Re: xmas in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 am, August 16, 2012
staten island
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: xmas in NYC

http://www.nycgo.com/savethedate - plug in your dates

More events will come up as it gets closer. I recommend exploring the outer boroughs

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: xmas in NYC

thanks. so....we've seen the rockettes, the nutcracker, fao schwartz, many store displays, union square, bryant park skating, columbus circle shops, grand cental terminal, the met. i may be leaving out some stuff. how about a christmas concert/choir (outdoors or in)? is the holiday train show at GCT?? thanks, A

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xmas in NYC

soho, village, chelsea, brooklyn, queens for starters

staten island
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: xmas in NYC

I like the train show at NY Botanical Garden - nybg.org/exhibitions/…index.php

There's usually a tree lighting ceremony at Snug Harbor Cultural Centerin Staten Island, but I don't know the date. snug-harbor.org/category/botanical-garden/

Touring Dyker Heights in Brooklyn during the holidays is popular these days.