We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

I am staying at this hotel next week. Has anyone stayed there recently who can tell me if rooms have TEA as well as coffee making facilities? (kettle)? Web site says yes but I would like to hear it first hand....

Can't be without my morning cuppa wherever I am in the world!

Thank you in advance

canada
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

If making a cup of tea is that important for you, may I suggest you buy one of those compact travel kettle/cup combos. Philips makes one and it isn't that expensive.

I have never seen a kettle in a North American hotel room. But you can fill a coffee maker and let it run through, and drop your tea bag into the pot of hot water.

Bring your own bags because you rarely get them provided in North American rooms.

G

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

hi there, stayed at hotel last weekend, excellent hotel but unfortunately only coffee making facilities, sorry! we also thought they had tea making facilities as on website but not unfortunately, we did make coffee but too strong for us so nipped straight across the road to raffles or starbucks, seemed expensive for room service.

hope this helps

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

Thanks for the replies. Will pack my travel kettle and have to forego a bit of shopping!! The web site states tea maker as well as coffee maker but like you I have never found a kettle in an American hotel room so I had to make sure.

Thank you again for the info.

London, UK
Level Contributor
285 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental The Barclay Hotel

Hi,

Just back from The Barclay yesterday! Great location for a hotel, great room, but no kettle! Just take a couple of tea bags and run the boling water through the coffee machine.

Have a great trip!