We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

PA
Level Contributor
384 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

this is a super specific question--my husband and i are sailing out of new york this sunday. we want to meet friends somewhere for brunch before boarding the ship, so are looking for a good place to go somewhere between port authority (where we will be getting off the bus) and the port itself. we are thinking either joe allen or marseille; leaning towards marseille but of course, since i'm asking, are very open to additional suggestions. so suggest away! thanks!

the friends are also from out of town, so we can't really ask them where to go, and my husband hasn't lived in the city for over ten years. so i'm looking for some up to date local advise. thanks in advance!

oh also--we will have a rolling suitcase with us (only one between the two of us) as we are getting on 7 day cruise, so somewhere with a coat check or at least enough room between tables for a medium sized bag would be good. i am familiar with the size of new york city restaurants so this has to be a consideration obviously.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

Both places are fine but...Marseille gets loud and busy and it's tight quarters at Joe Allen. Joe Allen does have a coat check but it likely won't be manned at this time of year. Food is better imo at Marseille. If you wouldnt mind spending a bit more, i think Ca Va inside the iNtercontinental Times Square hotel would be nicer. Thalia is another idea.

PA
Level Contributor
384 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

I would not mind spending a bit more. I'm looking into both of those suggestions now. Thanks!!!

EDIT: oh--ca va looks good! Thanks!!!

Edited: 12:43 am, July 11, 2012
3. Re: sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:36 am, July 11, 2012
4. Re: sunday brunch theater district/hells kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 13, 2013