We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exceptionallly valued hotels

Etobicoke, Ontario...
8 posts
Save Topic
Exceptionallly valued hotels

Is it possible to find boutique hotels or chains (like the Marriott, Sheraton, etc.) in Manhattan for less than US$100 a night? If so, where? Or probably when?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

If you have access to priceline.com, that might work for you. Other than that it'd be tough getting a hotel in Manhattan for $100. Even the most modest budget hotels fetch more than that.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

I work in manhattan. only one I can think of is a holiday inn in chinatown. check out the Penn Plaza hotel on seventh ave right across from madison square garden. safe and clean with public transit to whole city right underground. or check out red roof inn in that area.

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

I got the Radisson Lexington on Lexington and 48th for $100 a night on Priceline for early March. It gets mixed reviews, so we'll see!! It's a great location though!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

I think you might want to up your budget to $150 - $200 a night if you want to stay in a clean hotel in a good neighborhood with a private bath.

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

Absolutely!

You can stay in great locations in Manhatten for around $100 or less and I have stayed in a couple of them.

There are some good clean and safe hotels for around $100 and the reason why they are cheap is because you have to share a bathroom and shower on the same floor with other guests. In other words, you do not get your own private bathroom. Plus, the rooms are pretty small.

This is not bad actually. The bathrooms and showers are private with locks, clean and well maintained. Here's a couple places that I have stayed in:

The Larchmont Hotel: This hotel is in a great location near the corner of 5th and 11th Street in Greenwich Village. It's in a quiet residential area and so close to all the Village hotspots. The place is well maintained, and organized. Around $100 a night. Fabulous location.

The Americanna Inn: This hotel is in a very good location near the corner of 6th Ave and 38th St. which is near Times Square, the Empire State Building and all the tourist hot spots. Rooms there are around $80-$100. Great bargain of course.

Yes, the rooms are very small but it is very clean, safe and well maintained. The only real disadvantage is that it can be a little noisy from street traffic but you can always wear ear plugs for sleeping. Other than that, it actually a good place.

There are other hotels in this price range in NYC. The Frommers Guide to New York has a good list of these cheap hotels and recommends them including the Larchmont and Americanna Inn. The cheap hotels that are listed in the Frommers Guide book are good because they are clean and safe and in good locations. I strongly recommend buying this guide book(no, I do not work for them). Available at all major book stores and Amazon.com. The book also rates a long list of restaurants and gives a great over view of the things to see in the city. It's probably the best guide book out there or at least one of the best.

Also, NYC has hostels too and you can probably sleep in a bed for around $35. Just look up the NYC youth hostels in a good search engine for more info. There are even reviews of them as well.

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

By the way, here are some websites for the budget hotels in NYC: These hotels have rooms for $100 and sometimes less. According to the Frommers guide, the Chelsea Lodge has the nicest rooms in the budget hotel category. I'll probably stay there on my next visit to see if it's true.

Americanna Inn-newyorkhotel.com

Larchmont Hotel-larchmonthotel.com

Chelsea Lodge-chelsealodge.com

Habitat Hotel-habitatny.com

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

The Habitat gets horrible reviews on this page. Someone mentioned the Hotel Pennsylvania. If you stay there, ask for a renovated room. Just beware --read the reviews posted here--people often ask for one and are denied one upon check-in. In general, any hotel that cheap in Manhattan should be looked at really carefully.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

Hi

I've booked the Hotel Newton for March for ���95 per night. Heres the link to the hotel: http://www.thehotelnewton.com/

Its on the upper west side and it gets really good reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112039-…

Hope this helps

DM
washington DC
Level Contributor
709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exceptionallly valued hotels

Dear Qcubed,

Go to www.priceline.com

Go to new york hotels.

Pick 4 star midtown west

Bid $100

If pricelline accepts your bid, your credit card is automatically charged and NO REFUNDS!!

My wife and I have done this a dozen times to great satisfaction.