We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoHo bus?

virginia
Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
HoHo bus?

We found these tours to be valuable in Europe to get a perspective of the city. Anyone recommend one for NYC?

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,654 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HoHo bus?

GrayLine and CitySights are the two big ones. Most people seem to prefer GrayLine. I think they're fine, and good for an overview of the city, but since New York is so much more spread out than many European cities, in terms of where the "major sights" are, they're not good for transportation. Once you've done your loop, get off and use the subway to get around.

Mentioned in this post
CitySights NY
CitySights NY
1,919 Reviews
New York City, NY
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HoHo bus?

Hola.

We walk a lot and take the subways and public busses to get around, but we still like the commercial “Hop-on Hop-off” double decker busses and (even though we live here in NYC) once or twice a year buy a pass and “do” the City as paying tourists. We started doing this years ago due to one of our friends becoming a tour guide/narrator for one of the “Hop-on Hop-off” operators following his retirement as a teacher (a linguist). He died some years back, and fondly remember him “singing” (great voice) to the tourists and us atop the open air busses.

Even since then, we still enjoy the rides and we have done both operators; the biggest difference is not which operator you choose, rather it is the guide/narrator that you happen to get, and whether he/she is engaging or knowledgeable. There are times when we hop-off one bus and hop-on another (but same operator) so that we have a different guide/narrator.

We think that the rides are fun and a great venue in which to meet visitors from around the planet.

We took a ride about 5 weeks ago and had a great time!!

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Mentioned in this post
Fire Island
Fire Island
Long Island, NY
United States
United States
North America
London
Level Contributor
46 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HoHo bus?

Hello,

I read your post re HoHo in NYC.

May I ask a question?

How much is an one day ticket?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
46 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HoHo bus?

Hello,

I read your post re HoHo in NYC.

May I ask a question?

How much is an one day ticket?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: HoHo bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 02, 2013