We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

I've been to New York before and stayed in the Midtown area. My favourite spot was Brooklyn and I always thought that when I returned I'd try and stay there rather than in Manhattan.

I've found the Brooklyn Marriott but it looks a bit too big and impersonal.

Does anyone know of any smaller, intimate (but not ridiculously expensive) hotels iN Brooklyn? If it's got some bars and nice restaurants on its doorstep, than that would be fantastic!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

I think there are a few b & bs but not familiar with names or neighborhoods. You might want to also post this question on the Brooklyn board here

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60827-i617-Brookl…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

Here's a listing of the b & bs. Just be careful about researching neighborhoods.

bedandbreakfast.com/brooklyn-new-york.html

NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

Hi

I don't know of anyone who has stayed at either of these, but the two that interested me upon looking were the Union St. B&B (in Carroll Gardens) and the Bed & Breakfast on the Park (in Park Slope..right across from Prospect Park). Both places aren't far from restaurants or a subway stop (within 3 blocks of the F train).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brooklyn - boutique hotels?

Bed & Breakfast on the Park is great - had friends stay there and they really liked it -it's about a 15-20 minute walk to resturanst and bars - the most intersting of which are on 7th and 5th Avesnues in Park Slope.

I can also tell you that these two two below have been recommended to me...

Regina's in Fort Greene near the Brooklyn Academy of music... http://home.earthlink.net/~remanski/

And the House on 3rd Street, also in Park Slope... I can tell you that this is in a fabulous location! I live 2 blocks from here...

http://www.houseon3st.com/