We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
187 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
go airlink shuttle..

how long will it take to get from jfk to hotel in manhattan.many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: go airlink shuttle..

you should not use it

the best options are train/subway combo, taxi or car service

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: go airlink shuttle..

On Go airlink you can figure about 3 hours--- in other words do not use them. Read here all the details. Sorry do not have time this am to explain-- just don't do it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,737 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: go airlink shuttle..

Where are you staying? What hotel or what area? There are better options for getting from the airport including an Express bus.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: go airlink shuttle..

holiday inn express--times square..have pre booked shuttle travel but not paided that much,so not using them is a opption..arrive about 3 o clock on a sunday afternoon,whats the best/quickest way to hotel...quickest time.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: go airlink shuttle..

Have you looked at the very first of the Frequently Asked Questions to the right of this page?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-s301/New-York-…

It is entitled "How to get from the airport to Manhattan."

Note also there is a search feature, so that you can look for previous answers to questions that are asked frequently (and this one is asked several times a day....) without a need for a new thread.

Edited: 6:46 pm, April 10, 2012
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: go airlink shuttle..

Poor service , don't use this company. I used this service from La Guardia To Manhattan and unfortunately I hated it. First of all, I went to the front desk and they told me I would have to wait about 25 min. When the van arrived, it was dirty, the driver didn't say a word, he didn't even gave a "good morning". He drove like a crazy person, in very high speed, crossing red lights, changing lines all the time, almost crashing in other cars. When the drop off started, he didn't say the hotel names, the passengers had to guess what the hotel name was. Very unsatisfactory.

Palm Bay, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: go airlink shuttle..

I'm vey happy that I read this post. I was planning on using Go Air link from Newark airport to The New Yorker hotel. Our flight comes in at 10pm and we have 3 children. Any recommendations? I believe the hotel had transportation but I thought it was very expensive. I guess I would have no problem paying extra $$$ if I didn't have the hassle.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: go airlink shuttle..

The New Yorker Hotel is opposite New York Penn Station - the main train station where the trains from New Jersey come in.

Avoid Go AirLink - they're absolutely horrendous. Plus they're not really particularly safe either.

AirTrain Newark / NJ Transit right from inside the terminal (via the staffed Rail Transfer Station where you switch from the monorail to the real train) is roughly 45 - 50 minutes for $12.50 per person.

Trains are a bit less frequent after 10:00PM.

The Olympia Trails Newark Airport Express bus is a good option at night but it takes you to 42nd St. / 8th Avenue (the bus station) and your hotel is at 34th Street (opposite the train station)

Never arrange ground transport through the hotel - you'll overpay.

The most recommended car service outfits are Dial 7 and All State. I've always had very good luck with All State. You'll need a larger vehicle for you all to be comfortable. Remember to always wear seat belts in these vehicles.

Avoid AirLink and avoid Super Shuttle.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: go airlink shuttle..

Dee0620~ As mentioned above, shared ride shuttles/services are not recomended..... Dial 7 car service is one of the most recomended car services here on TA, as well as being reasonable price wise. You can also pre-book/reserve with them online. Enjoy your trip!

www.dial7.com

Sydney
Level Contributor
166 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: go airlink shuttle..

How many suitcases can fit into a cab? This may be a good option also.