We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City - Birthday Gift

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New York City - Birthday Gift

Hi All,

My girlfriend will be travelling for her birthday and I'd like to get her a gift or experience of New York whilst she is away.

I've looked at a helicopter ride over NYC but it isn't highly praised on this forum. If anyone has any idea's, it could be a fun tour to do, a booking at a restaurant or bar, or tickets to a gig at a famous club.

If anyone can make any suggestions I would appreciate it

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Revolution Rickshaws
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

Hi Tom, perhaps you should take her to Sleep No More - fascinating experience in New York that isn't a tourist trap. There is also a website that catalogs experience gifts in New York - www.funsherpa.com/new-york-gifts.html

I've given a few of the food tours out and they have been well received.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
ludhiana
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

i think its great she really liked it but i have one more advice for you gifted her a sunglasses she liked it and gucci sunglasses for women designer have so many branded sunglasses its also useful gift for her...........

Edited: 11:33 pm, February 21, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

something really interesting we did that I don't think is in Oz (yet) was to attend The Moth (lots of fun story slam - venues change)

Two other things I'd recommend (depending on her interest and taste in music) are going to an event at Dizzy's Coca-cola (jazz) and to Below 54 (varied cabaret style).

The information for each of these is an easy google search away...let me know if you want any other info if you think they'd appeal

14. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, February 23, 2013
NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

I believe with Tiffany's you can order online and pick up from the 5th Ave store. So, if you are not accompanying your girlfriend you could order something online for her and she could pick it up herself. What a nice surprise for her.

This is a lovely, lovely idea in my opinion! Really, I think you would struggle to find a more romantic gift, or way to give it!

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

I completely agree with the Tiffany's idea too! Going to a broadway show is something she will no doubt be planning on doing herself.

I would be blown away if someone did something like that for me. I think its something she will treasure always and I personally think there are quite a few lovely things in the under $250 catergory.

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

The other bonus is the exact same Tiffany piece will be hundreds of dollars cheaper in the US than it would be here. And with the Aussie dollar so good, you'll be happy and do will she!!

18. Re: New York City - Birthday Gift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 25, 2014