We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

We have decided to come to NYC for my Bachelorette party and are staying from Friday, May 11- Sunday, May 13. None of us are super familiar with NYC, only been a few times for shopping, and once for NYE (but we were still under 21, so no bar experiences!) Basically my MOH needs some major help planning everything!!

Here's a little about what we are looking for:

- Our group will consist of 8-12 girls all in the 25-27 y/o range (and may include a couple of my gay male friends, not sure if they are able to make it yet).

- We would like to stay in the $750/night range (figuring $75/pp per night assuming 10 people will be coming) for the hotel room, and would prefer a suite, but would be fine with splitting into a few rooms. Cheaper would be even better, but it’s looking like that is the cheapest for something that is in a good location and not gross?

- One night we'd like to dress-up (cocktail dresses, ect.), although still incorporate bachelorette party gear, just not the super trashy stuff. The other night we're thinking just "club wear" with bachelorette party stuff of course!

- We'll probably spend most of the daytime shopping, relaxing, exploring, ect. But my MOH has her heart set on us doing a pole dancing class sometime on Saturday!

- For Dinners, one night I want to go to Carmine’s in Time Square because it’s my favorite and my cousin is a waiter there. The other night, we would definitely love suggestions!!

- At some point during the weekend, would like to have 1 or 2 drinks at a rooftop bar with a nice view and a good vibe, just to get that experience!

- We like bars with typical dance music (not techno), prefer bar/club combos not all purely dance clubs, but are open to suggestions. Would prefer 2-3+ bars/clubs per evening, since my group tends to get antsy if things aren’t crazy fun, and we like to move around!!

- Lastly (and I completely realize that this is going to sound rude and just asking for judgment, but I don’t mean it in the awful way it sounds, so bear with me!!), we really want to give the girls the Bachelorette Party experience that they are used to here in Upstate, where we get lots of attention/free stuff/special treatment. I don’t mean this in a “gimme gimme” kind of way, but with all of the wedding expenses, and the expense of the trip, I want to be sure that my girls get some free drinks, and attention from men (since I’m only the 2nd one to get married, 95% of them are single)! Basically, steer me in the direction of “sausage fest” bars, bars that will offer us special deals/treatments,ect. Let the judgment flow, I don’t blame you!! Also, I know that my MOH has a scavenger hunt/dare card –type game in mind, so you usually need a good crowd of single men who are willing to participate in the debauchery!!

So, if you aren’t judging me too much, we would love suggestions for any/all of the following:

-Hotel

-Pole Dancing Class/Party

-Restaurants for Dinner

-Rooftop bar

-Bars/Clubs for both Fri & Sat nights

Thanks so much in advance for the help!!

~Emily

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

Emily, I don't think Manhattan is the place for what you want. It will cost much more than you have in mind to pay I think. $75/night/person is a ridiculously low price for a hotel at that time of year unless you stay in a hostel and the larger the suite, the more it costs. The largest suites I know of in Manhattan are the 3 bedroom 3 bathroom suites at the Marmara hotel which will sleep 8 if everyone shares a bed and 2 sleep on a sofabed. The price for just 8 people in there is $748/night plus tax (they have a $50/night turn down service for the sofabed. Don't know if you're forced to take it or if you can do that yourselves) and you'd still need another room.

There are 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites at the Eastgate Towers that would in theory sleep 8 people (2 queens, a king and a queen sofabed) if you used the livingroom sofabed, but the website won't allow a reservation for 8, only 6. The price for 6 is ~ $600/night plus tax.

I think you might do better going to Jersey City. You'll get more value for money at a hotel. You can still use the PATH train to get into Manhattan for shopping, Carmine's, maybe the pole dancing and assuming you're driving down, you can probably get better freebies at restaurants in the Jersey City/Hoboken area.

On Hotwire there's a 4* hotel in Jersey City for $168/night plus tax. I put in I need 4 rooms for 12 people so @$168 x 4= you're at $672 plus tax for up to 12 people which should fit your budget. The hotel is likely the Westin but might also be the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor which is not quite as convenient for PATH service, but still imo a good option. You could call the Westin and try to get this price (or better) by booking directly and see what happens.

There are loads of rooftop bars. I think you have to sort out where you're going to stay first.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

Sorry I have a typo above. The price for just SIX people in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom suite at the Marmara is $748. They won't take a booking for 8 in that suite.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

What about a hotel in Queens? Again, it won't be as low as $75 per person per night, but it will be cheaper than Manhattan. Plus, the subway runs all night, and taxis won't charge you extra, as they would if you were crossing to NJ. (Seriously, the subway at 2 AM brings out the best in hilarious drunken bachelorette parties!! You might get on YouTube!)

Say, maybe your cousin who works at Carmines can put some of you up, or know of some free couches to crash on? What's family for? ;o)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

I am confused. You write that you want the kind of experience you can get in upstate NY. Why not just stay in Syracuse. I do not know if NYC will load you with freebies.When you come to NYC you get a NYC experience!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

The easiest bar-hopping strip in the entire island of Manhattan is on Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village. Very easy, very fun, will proabably fit what you're looking for. (Don't forget the "c" in Bleecker!)

It runs nearly the width of the island through the mostly-gay West Village, through NYU campus, at MacDougal it's tourist central, then a little bit of Nolita, and it ends at The Bowery in the East Village.

Bars: The Red Lion, Kenny's Castaway, The Bitter End, The Back Fence, Le Poisson Rouge, and The Peculier Pub (used to be famous for serving largest collection of bottled beers), just to name a few. Branching off from Bleecker Street, you can also find bars on MacDougal, Sullivan, Lafayette and Bowery.

Just north of Bleecker Street, W. 3rd Street runs parallel and also has a lot of good party bars: like Zinc Bar. South is Houston, which has Madam X, a nice cocktail lounge with "bordello" decor.

Good previous threads about Bleecker Street bars and GV in general:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2323996… Bleecker_Street_For_Restaurant_and_Pubs-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2384897… Red_Lion_Pub_Bleecker_Street-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2320337… Anybody_live_in_Greenwich_Village-

For reviews, check out:

www.yelp.com/nyc

www.newyork.citysearch.com

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

"I am confused. You write that you want the kind of experience you can get in upstate NY. Why not just stay in Syracuse." - LOL, that's funny, rdglady!

I forgot to mention that The Duplex and Marie's Crisis are fun sing-along piano bars in the West Village. Very fun, all voices welcome to belt out a power ballad! Warning: Marie's Crisis looks and feels like a basement rec room.

Anyway, another fairly easy bar-hopping area is the Lower East Side. Here's a good list of places to read about:

Pianos

158 Ludlow St.

http://www.pianosnyc.com/

Cake Shop

152 Ludlow St.

http://www.cake-shop.com/

Arlene's Grocery

95 Stanton St.

http://www.arlenesgrocery.net/

Mercury Lounge

217 E. Houston

http://www.mercuryloungenyc.com/

Fat Baby

112 Rivington

http://www.fatbabynyc.com/

Welcome to the Johnsons

123 Rivington St

(between Essex St & Norfolk St)

yelp.com/biz/welcome-to-the-johnsons-new-york

7. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, August 30, 2012
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

Three old threads reopened for the exact same promotion--sounds like advertising for me.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

This list by New York Time Out is very helpful for non-cheesy bachelorette party ideas.

timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/throw-a-bac…

The Artful Bachelorette offers an awesome alternative with two hour drawing classes: Drinks, drawing and a hot nude male model! www.theartfulbachelorette.com

Edited: 2:27 pm, May 28, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC Bachelorette Party Help!!

another poster mentioned fat baby. I think for women your age - you would really like Fat Baby. its in the Lower East Side. this neighborhod is filled with a lot of fun bars. another bar near fat baby is Libation. it has the bar, dance club combo you want and they play dance music - not techno. Ludlow bar is also great and close by - its a dance bar but not a cheesy club. another really fun place is Vig bar on spring street. again its a bar with a DJ - so some people are dancing and some people are just hanging out.

for dinner there's a place in the area called Inoteca - can handle larger parties - fun, hip place.