We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

My partner and I are due to get married at Central Park this coming December at midday. Following the ceremony, we are looking to go for something eat, at approx around 1330/1400 ( just the two of us).

I am looking for somewhere that I will not look completely out of place to pitch up wearing a wedding dress furthermore, offers a great view of Manhattan. We will have transport there, however will need to make our own way back to our apartment on 51st (w), therefore i am seeking somewhere that isn't too far away from Central Park or our apartment-given it will be freezing and I will be wearing a wedding dress. We both share a love for Italian food, although European style dishes are also yummy, however sea food is an absolute no! Budget- looking to spend no more than £150 in total for meal and drinks included.

thoughts and suggestions would be so very appreciated xx

1. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, February 09, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

What's more important - cuisine or a view? I don't think you'll find both. There are plenty of wonderful Italian restaurants without a view. Also, please do post in USD as that's what most of us understand.

A Voce in Columbus Circle is one idea, but it's likely to be a business crowd at that hour so you will look a little different in your dress.

For a view - try the River Cafe in Brooklyn.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,551 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

The way I read it, 1330/1400 refers to the time of day (after the noon wedding), and I see no indication that the OP is planning on crashing Central Park for the wedding.

I don't have a specific restaurant recommendation, but I'll suggest that you take a taxi back to your hotel (which, hopefully, is a legal apartment-style hotel). Getting back to your hotel with a long walk or subway ride could soil your dress in addition to being cold.

Prenton,UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
4. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

Could you be any less helpful to the OP!!!

NY NY
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

Of course you can just walk in and get married in Central Park! Except for the Conservatory Garden, you don't need to reserve a wedding location unless your party is more than 20 people.

centralparknyc.org/visit/…

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,982 posts
6. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

The park is really big, and 51st (w) isn't a place. I'm assuming you mean West 51st Street, which will be at least half a mile form the south-westernmost point of Central Park, and may be further, depending on WHERE on West 51st Street your apartment(?) is. West 51st Street is a mile long. Also, apartment rentals in New York City tend to be illegal - are you certain of what you booked? Do you know where in Central Park you'd like to get married? That will determine what your geographic parameters are.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

"We do not deal with 1330/1400 or a budget that isn't in USD." That made me LOL. So arrogant :-D

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

Hola.

So you want to spend about USD$240 (total, tax in) for dinner. We recommend the place where we went to celebrate our 30th anniversary more than a few years ago: Mario Batali's “Babbo” just off of Washington Square Park. One important note: reservations need to be made 30 days in advance.

For more information, see:

www.mariobatali.com/restaurants_babbo.cfm

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
376 posts
9. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

Hi Lindsay,

Congratulations to you first of all.

I am also coming to NYC to get married although it is in may.

I have put several forums up and for the most part received lots of great advice.

You can get married anywhere in the park but some good places are ladies pavilion (where we are getting married), bow bridge, wagners cove, belvedere castle and loads more.

We are using Sarah Ritchie as our officiant and she seems really nice. She has a good website as well, just type Sarah Ritchie, NYC into google.

She is $500 and that includes helping organise the wedding and sorting out the paperwork after.

We are using Jasmine photo as our photographer, again a good website to check out. Just stick on their home page, the photos change but they can take up to a minute to move onto the next one, bear with it though coz they are worth seeing.

For that kind of price food wise, have you thought about doing one of the lunch or dinner cruises. Try bateaux new York, they seem reasonable. The food might not be amazing but the view certainly would be!!! They leave from Chelsea pier.

The river cafe is also a nice looking restaurant or have you thought about the boathouse in central park??

Good luck with your planning.

X

10. Re: Where to eat following our wedding ceremony at Central Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, February 09, 2012