We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

California
Level Contributor
128 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

We will be staying in Times Square this February to see a Knicks game, and I'd like to head over to Peter Luger's for dinner one night - would we be better off with a taxi or navigating the subway to get there?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,179 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

Either way is good. However, may I suggest the Old Homestead in Manhattan. I think it's better. I was born and raised on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and travel there often since my family is still there. Review their web site for specifics. Happy travels!

California
Level Contributor
128 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

That sounds interesting ... and looks like that's almost walking distance from Times Square? Or certainly a straight shot on a subway, right?

I'm looking for a classic, traditional old school NY steakhouse

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

Too far to walk......Taxi or Subway would be easy and convienient. Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,737 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

Use

maps.google.com

to answer all these questions.

For idea of time to travel by subway to Lugers or Old Homestead just type it at the top and click. You'll get a driving map which will give you an idea of taxi time.

nyccabfare.com

will give you an estimated cost.

If you click the train icon at the top of google maps, you'll get directions by subway. If you click the person icon, you get walking directions.

There are loads of good steakhouses in Manhattan. I wouldn't call Old Homestead anywhere close to the best though. Lots of info already here on steakhouses if you do a text search.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

theres a great place very close to MSG called Keens--its been therefrever and has great ambience,inlcuding a very old corn pipe collection up stairs.Its mayebe a 5 minute walk heres a link http://www.keens.com/

6. Re: Go to Peter Luger from Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 27, 2013