We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat with kids (8 & 11) near the Belvedere

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat with kids (8 & 11) near the Belvedere

We are headed to the Belvedere tomorrow (3/6) and looking for suggestions for places nearby to grab inexpensive meals as well as local groceries where we can pick up things to take advantage of the refrigerator in the room.

Thanks

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat with kids (8 & 11) near the Belvedere

When you come out of the hotel, turn left. At the end of the street is a small market/deli. Very reasonable, as I recall, with muffins, fruit, juices, etc. (I got my breakfast stuff there every day.) The Belvedere is close to Restaurant Row, which has loads of places to choose from, including several diners. Just ask at the desk, and you'll be pointed in the right direction. (By the way, no cutlery, plates, or glasses are provided for you in the room.)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat with kids (8 & 11) near the Belvedere

Across from the market, there is a French place that is open 24 hrs. called Pigalle. Just up 48th, around the corner from Pigalle, is a nice little place called Hurley's. My mom and I had a nice lunch there on our last day in New York. We also tried the Mexican place next door called Sombrero - it hasn't been reviewed favorably here, but we got takeout there and thought it was pretty tasty!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat with kids (8 & 11) near the Belvedere

There is a Food Emporium on 49th St. and 8th Avenue.

For breakfast, there's the Olympic Diner between 48th and 49th St. on 8th Avenue.

Good for any meal are the Renaissance Diner, bet. 51st and 52nd on 9th Ave. and Georgio's on the corner of 53rd St. and 9th Ave. Slightly more upscale than the Olympic but still reasonable. The Renaissance is open 24/7 and has a huge menu. You are sure to find something to please even the pickiest eater.

I second the recommendation for Pigalle--very nice, child-friendly and also open 24/7.

There are a ton of good, non-touristy restaurants all along 9th Avenue between 42nd St. and 57th St. Check out menupages.com for reviews and menus.