We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Can anyone give any recommendations for an airport transfer from Newark?

I'm travelling with a friend later this month and we want a nice transfer to our hotel.

Groundlink can provide a 2006 Lincoln Towncar for $72.27 including Gratuity and no waiting time charges if I provide the flight number.

Dial7 can provide a similar car for $51 plus gratuity and tolls which will probably bring it to a similar price.

Dial 7 offer a premium service including Meet and Greet for an extra $20 but don't include waiting time so I guess that price would go up!

Has anyone experienced either of these companies or have any better recommendations?

I checked out Strusser's Limo company who seem to have a good reputation but a straightforward Towncar is $145 including Meet and Greet, that's a lot more than I was hoping to pay!

texas
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Look to the right on how to get from airports. Go to it and read the part about cars. There are a couple companies that are always being recommended on here. Dial 7 is one. Another is I think Carmel, but go to there and look. It has good info for you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Hey Blue_Oval84:-) I've personally never heard of Groundlink..not to say they're not good..never heard or used then.. would stick with the tried and true that have been around a while..both Dial7 and Carmel are the popular and good choices! I've got an account with Carmel and have been using them for decades now! Happy planning..and EnjoY!

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Thanks guys, I've booked with Dial 7, seems straightforward and they give a toll free number to call when we land (will be using a payphone rather than my pricey roaming!) in order to get directed to the car. I like it :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

You're welcome:-) Sounds like a plan..keep enjoyin'!

Widnes
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

Hi

Used Grounlink recently from JFK to Brooklyn. Got an Cadillac Escalade as there were four of us and associated luggage. Service was very good with texts and emails to keep us informed. On arrival you get a text ( they monitor arrival times) you ring the number and get put through to the driver who tells you where to meet him. It cost $106 all in....no extras. Great service !

Scotland
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

I've used Dial 7 twice from Newark with no problems at all. We called them once we had collected our bags and were picked up outside the airport within 5 minutes. FYI the payphones are located in the arrivals hall just before you exit the airport. Have a great trip!

JDG
NYC
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

I've used Dial 7 for many years and have never had a problem. They

are ultra-reliable, almost always arriving for pick-up early, and the drivers are very polite. I only use them for pick-up however.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

I think you can call Dial 7 from the courtesy phones at the airport and not have to use the pay phones-- at least you could in the past.

just looked at their web site dial #34 FROM ANY GROUND TRANSPORTATION DESK PHONE IN THE AIRPORT---FREE CALL

Edited: 1:48 pm, March 30, 2012
south wales
Level Contributor
8 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

WATCH THE SMALL PRINT !!! dont use this company !!!!

if you are delayed in customs or collecting your baggage they charge you

$1 a minute after the 1st one hour !!!!!! so beware

we were just stung for an extra $24 even though we complied with all the rules phoned the driver as soon as we picked up our bags went straight out to meet him, phone Groundlink and they wouldnt budge they took the extra $24 out of my bank the next day

WHAT A RIP OFF !!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need good airport transfer - Groundlink, Dial 7?

thats why they are not recommended on this forum