We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

Toronto, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

wondering what is the best nighttime cruise. doesnt have to include dinner. been looking around and cannot distinguish between all the diffferent companies.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

I'd guess few of us have done all of them and not everyone will have the same taste.

is considered the nicest of the dinner cruises but I think if you enjoy sailing, the twilight cruise on

would be wonderful. If a sailboat is a bit more excitement than you want, the yacht Manhattan is a nice option.

You should check

and see if any of these are discounted for your dates.

Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

Hi NYwhiz, you rock. That is the information I was looking for as well. You quys may not realize how much you are appreciated. Thank you.

Lawrence, Kansas
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

nywhiz, thank you for the goldstar link!

lots of great deals, and i now have a lot more options for my next trip to the city in august. :)

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

I know that this is gonna sound a little corny. But, in my younger days, I really did not have the cash for great dates. A standard was to take the Staten Island Ferry after dark. Going out I would sit on the right side of the boat and watch the Statue of Liberty glide by. Coming back to Manhattan, I would sit outside at the front of the boat and watch Manhattan rise into view.

If you want a dinner cruise, you can always go to the snack bar and get a giant pretzel.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

I agree with above, and personally, I prefer the old-fashioned sailboats.

The dinner cruises are in large enclosed yachts with outdoor areas. Very smooth ride (usually. Weather permitting.) They feature DJs or live bands and offer a "wedding reception" or "prom" party-style atmo.

The sailing cruises are very quiet and serene. All you hear is the water lapping against the sides of the boat (and city noises, of course, in the distance). Small groups, maybe 15 people max. You can chat with the crew.

The Staten Island Ferry is the ultimate free date night! Easy to "get lost in the crowd" among workaholic commuters going home and, on the way back, party people going into "the city" for a late night. Great people watching.

6. Re: Most Romantic or Best Nighttime Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 04, 2012