We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion

Vancouver
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestion

Going for a walk around rockerfeller center and time square on our first night and looking for a nice casual but different restaurant in the area! Suggestions?

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,239 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
550 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Not sure about your budget but this is a revolving restaurant in times square-

http://www.theviewnyc.com/

And this is a restaurant inside of the plaza at Rockefeller center

www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php…

Also this is one of the best deals for a 3 course pre set (pre-theater) dinners near by-

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d15…

Try these places while your here too-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23075-Best_NYC…

and

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23076-Cheap_Ea…

Edited: 9:51 pm, May 10, 2011
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Adn please note it is Times Square, not "Time"; it is named for the newspaper: the New York TimeS.

London, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Why is it such a big deal on here when somebody makes a trivial mistake about a place name? surely the question is more important than the spelling or grammar?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestion

We need more information. Type of food, budget, atmosphere? That area is not known for unique - it's know for chains catering to tourists and other non-unique stuff catering to businesspeople.

Edited: 2:04 pm, May 11, 2011
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Elevonic, no one made a "big deal" of it. Instead, the poster was provided with useful, helpful information (because search engines work best with correct spelling) as well as an interesting bit of local history.

Why does it bother you that someone was given a piece of useful and interesting information? And if the question is indeed so important to you, why did you provide no useful or interesting information whatsoever to answer it, but merely sought to criticize the answers of others?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestion

GWB - despite your great advise here on the forum, pleased note that it's AND, not ADN as in your previous post. If you're gonna nit pick, make sure you nit pick your own posts.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestion

OMG!! pleased!! Didn't nit pick my own post!!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestion

GWB--- Elevonic has been complaining about people from New York since he/she joined TA--- Just ignore the comments--- your comments were indeed

helpful less the OP asks someone how to get to TIME square and is corrected to his/ her face.

Some just want visitors not to look like fools/

London, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Hi Bilmin, I suggest you actually do your research accurately before making statements. I seem to recall many comments from many different people being directed towards you and your self opinionated remarks about what other people should be doing. There's more important things in life than some smug person correcting you about a trivial spelling or mispronunciation, whether it be face to face or in a forum. There's lots of helpful people on here who give good advice without picking up on the tiniest of detail. Don't mention Grand Central 'Station' whatever you do, lol.

Edited: 9:42 am, May 18, 2011
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant suggestion

I think it is also important to know the correct spellings of words of things/places where you are visiting because it can be helpful in detecting scams.

People wanting to visit NYC often ask about this company or the other and if you look at the website they are asking about, you will notice words that are incorrectly spelled that should raise a red flag. Manhatten and Time Square being two.

There is a difference between a typo and a misspelling.

I have learned a lot from GWB and really appreciate the historical and trivia information he includes with his posts.

ps. it's Rockefeller