We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Frankfurt, Germany
6 posts
Save Topic
By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Hallo,

I'm loocking for informations what's the best and the cheepest way to go from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York in the near of Time Square.

I prefere to start in the early morning and for back between 11am and 2pm or later.

Thank you for idears and informations.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,629 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Are you looking to do a day trip from Boston to New York? It's hard to understand your question. If that's the case, then the best and the cheapest are not the same thing. The best would be to take an Amtrak train from Boston to Penn Station. The cheapest would be to take a bus like Bolt Bus or Mega Bus, but this will take longer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Do you know that it's a 4-hour trip in each direction?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

The cheapest safe options from Boston by bus

boltbus.com

megabus.com

Buses start as early as 6 or 6:30 am.

From Worcester, there's bus service from Peter Pan but it costs $46, not much less than the train which is more comfortable and more reliable. Peter Pan info

http://tinyurl.com/6xybjqb

While the only train from Worcester seems to leave midday, if you leave from Boston on the train, lots of options.

amtrak.com

If you can buy the tickets 2 weeks in advance, they're usually a bit cheaper.

Frankfurt, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Thank you for the answer.

I try to make a 3day trip. First day in the morning I would like to go to New York near Time Square, because I booked there a hostel. The second day I stay in New York and the 3rd day I m gong back.

My thinking is to start in the morning from Worcester or Boston and go back on the last day between 11am and nearly 2pm.

Thanks for helping.

Frankfurt, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Yes, I know that. Its ok.

But I'm not sure, whats the best way.

I'm going for 3 days!That meens that I could start in the morning of the first day.

Thanks for helping.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

The train is the most comfortable option and not subject to road traffic. If you can manage to take the train from Boston I think that's your best option but if budget is tight, the buses are ok.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

I suggest you take the bus from Worcester: that way, you can be in NYC by 11:30 AM -- long before you would get here were you to either (a) take that pokey train from Worcester, or (b) take the "T" (commuter rail service) from Worcester to Boston's South Station & then ride a train or bus from there.

Edited: 8:54 am, April 28, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

P.S. Peter Pan does give a bit of discount on the purchase of a round-trip ticket.

Frankfurt, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

Thank you very much. Just now I hve the informations i need! Have a nice day.

Petra

10. Re: By bus or train from Worcester/MA or Boston to New York and

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 28, 2012