We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

May I have directions on how to find the M60 bus at LaGaurdia Airport? I will be arriving on Delta.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from $175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from $199.00*
$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from $83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from $36.00*
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Just walk outside the terminal toward ground transportation - there are signs for which curbs the buses pick up and you will see MTA signs once you are outside the terminal.

nyc
Level Contributor
319 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

According to the MTA website, the M60 goes to all terminals at LaGuardia. Here's the link; it includes schedules.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/airport.htm

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your responses which have been so helpful.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

You should know that I flew in on Delta last month and was unable to purchase a 7 day travel card at the Hudson News stand (where they used to sell them.) The nice people at the news stand did help me get enough quarters for the bus and then I bought a travel card when I got to the subway station. You'll need $2.25 in change (don't know if it has to be quarters) to get on the bus. I'm way too cheap to take a taxi and found the bus/subway combo to be quite a pleasant experience.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

You used to be able to get MetroCards in the airport. I don't know if they ran out or if they stopped selling them.

The M.60 bus stops at the Delta terminal. Proceed down the escalators to baggage claim and keep walking directly forward. Do not bear left. Do not bear right. Keep walking. You'll cross the first lane of traffic and there will be a little island with a bus shelter. This is where the M.60 bus stops.

There is also a Q.33 bus to the E,F,R, and M trains. There is also a Q.72 bus to the 7 train at Junction Blvd. I take the first thing smoking. Get me to a subway and get me on my way - none of the buses are significantly faster than the others. The only one I don't take is the Q.48 as it goes toward Flushing (and that is sort of the opposite direction).

You will need nine quarters if you can't get a MetroCard in the airport. No dollar bills (not very user-friendly).

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,105 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

I think there is a MetroCard dispenser in the main terminal, but not in the Delta terminal. Yes, you need change for the bus. It can be dollar coins, but not half dollars. Quarters, dimes and nickels are OK, but not pennies.

Bring a lot of change!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

It is also LaGuardia, pronounced "La GWA[r]-dee-ah"; as the classic local accent (like Franklin Roosevelt's, or even Queen Elizabeth's...) is non-rhotic, it is up to you how much you want to emphasize the "R".

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Is the M60 safe with kids? Where is the safest, easiest stop to transfer to the subway to get to Grand Central?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,876 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Of course the M60 is safe with kids--why shouldn't it be. BTW, like on the trains, kids over 44 inches pay, kids under don't!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: M60 Bus at LaGaurdia Airport

Yes, the M-60 is safe even with kids on board. To my knowledge, the kids one sees traveling with their parents on the M60 bus tend not to be a threat to the other passengers; there is no need to be afraid of them.

The easiest place to transfer from the bus to a subway that goes to Grand Central is Lexington Avenue and 125th Street in Manhattan; the #4 and #5 lines (which stop there) run express to Grand Central.