We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near JFK?

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
943 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near JFK?

Taking a trip early in the morning and looking to stay close to jfk the night before flight. Don't need to be right at JFK because those hotels are too expensive. Can someone tell me the nearest hotels on the way on 95 from Hartford, CT?

Looking to spend less than $100 per night.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near JFK?

Honestly, I don't think you are going to be able to find anything for under $100/night unless, perhaps, you stay at a hostel. Even the Y's are at least $100/night.

Are you planning to leave your car at JFK?

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
943 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near JFK?

Yes I plan to park at JFK. My thing is this....I live 3 hours from JFK so I'd like to stay at a hotel around 30mins or less to the airport. Have to be at the airport by 6am so that means I would leave my house at 3am which doesnt give me much sleep . So I figure if I am alot closer to JFK than I am from home I will get more rest. Make sense? I am even ok with staying somewhere off of 95 just outside NY to keep the travel time and cost down. Just not sure whats near??

New York, New York
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near JFK?

Unfortunately, what's near are hotels not under $100/night.

I went to Google and came up with this site.

hotelsbycity.com/hotels/…

Note: It has Days Inn charging $88, but I do not believe that includes any hotel and sales taxes, and it may not include a parking charge.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near JFK?

The only thing that comes close to what you're asking is

panamhotel.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g47681-d126259-…

I think it could be a bit more than 30 mins. but they do have a shuttle to both JFK and LGA and they do have park & fly rates if you want. If you plan on driving straight home at the end of your trip, I strongly advise you to stay at JFK and park your car there. You might be able to get a JFK hotel for around $100/night if you use Hotwire or Priceline. The JFK hotels are not great in general though and going too low in quality is not a good idea. There is really nothing within 30 mins. that's going to be better imo than the Pan Am.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near JFK?

I agree with nywhiz, as a Queens resident. The Pan Am is the best price/performance value you'll get near JFK.

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
943 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near JFK?

Verdict.......

Booked a one night stay at the Hampton Inn for $118. They have parking for $15 per day so it will cost me less than a park n fly package and the hotel is rated #1 here. Yipee!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near JFK?

EXCELLENT decision! That's really great. ;)

New York, New York
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near JFK?

Great. I'm really glad it worked out. I'm sorry you had to pay more than $100, but it is what it is here.

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near JFK?

There's a Holiday Inn Express in Lynbrook Long Island that is probably a 15-20 minute ride from JFK. I'm sure more reasonable than hotels in immediate JFK vicinity and closer to NYC.

10. Re: Hotels near JFK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 24, 2012