We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

Where's the best and most inexpensive place to pick up NYC souvenirs? I need a keychain, probably a few shirts, and other assorted items for myself & 2 teens with something to bring back for husband & 8yr old on a $100 - 150 budget. We're staying 1 block from Times Square and thought I'd save 1 night on the itinerary for shopping we can walk to.

Any advice on where to avoid (venders?) is appreciated too.

Thanks, Jen

ontario
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

We're not going until June, but souvenir requests are already coming in! Our daughters will never forgive us if we don't get them each a 'Friends' tshirt at NBC Studio Experience store in Rockefeller Centre. Female adult relatives have put in requests for the Bloomie "Little Brown Bags". Also a friend of mine just came back from a visit. She was very pleased to have picked up Yellow Cab piggybanks for her kids -- she bought them in Times Square -- very inexpensive but she can't remember the name of the store. If anyone knows of this store, I would appreciate it too.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

There's a great cheap souvenir store on 9th Ave around 52nd Street on the east side of the street. I think it is across the street from a lower-budget hotel, such as the Hampton Inn or Howard Johnsons.

Newington
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

Don't take too many requests for the NBC Experience Store unless you want to go broke. I bought a T Shirt there and it was $24.99. The cheapest place to buy souviners is Chinatown. Anything in the Times Square area is triple the price.

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

Times Square has great deals on those I Love (heart) NY tee shirts. You can get 3, 4 , or 5 for $10.00 depending on where you go. Some are a little better quality than others,but overall a good deal. I did not find the souvenirs in Times Square to be very expensive. There is a large shop across the street from Doubletree, and many smaller ones up and down 7th and Broadway. Don't forget to look down the side streets also.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for souvenirs in Midtown?

Thanks for the replies I've copied the info into my trip notes to take with. Looks like I'll start on 9th Ave to find the one by the H hotel then check out 7th & Times square area.

I'll also be looking during our touring just not sure how much time we'll be allowed on the group tours in Chinatown, SOL, etc.

Jen