We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in New York

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in New York

I am trying to book a 4 night break in NY with a girlfriend. We want to do the usual touristy stuff..shopping, theatre, museums etc etc. Can anyone recommend a really nice hotel? I thought of the Sofitel, Casablanca , Millenium Broadway orWestin Times Square. We want to be feel safe in the area, and also be able to walk to things easily. I like the sound of the Casablanca, but am worried that it might be a bit basic, since it is a 3 star(but not cheap). We like our comforts,so budget is not the major issue. Please help, I am going round in circles!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in New York

All the places you mention are good, but based on what you say you want, have a look at the Michelangelo. It may be expensive depending on your dates, but it's sometimes available at $200 or so. If not, next option would be the Sofitel depending on price. The Casablanca is a very nice hotel, but I hear rooms are smallish. People say the Junior Suites are better. Don't know how many rooms they have with 2 beds.

Millen. B'way and Westin are both good, but they're big hotels on bustling streets. You can get views at both these if that's important, but I personally prefer a smaller hotel. The Blakely is another one worth checking. They have suites with kitchenettes that can be nice and convenient.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in New York

Thanks very much...I am now scouring sites for deals on the Michaelangelo. I had a quick look on the virtual tour, and it does look very nice.