We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day express visit!

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 day express visit!

Hi im going to be in NY on business and am flying out my wife to spend a long weekend with me.. we are going to get the train in from princeton on early sat morning and leave back for princeton on sunday evening..

Its our first time to NY.. was thinking of staying either at the sofitel or westin times square can anyone recommend a plan for places to go and things to see in the time that we have and the best way to get around.. i was thinking taxi's or walk... but?!

Thank you!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,033 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 day express visit!

It's unnecessary to do both TOTR and ESB. Do one, and I'd pick TOTR. Skating is better in Central Park. It's on the way to the Met which is much further upton. The Met is open late Fri and Sat. night. You MUST go to the park, even if just for a peek. So decide where you want to skate.

The SOL tour is time consuming and must be booked in advance. I don't think you have time on this trip. Take the Staten Island ferry for free, get a look at the Statue and do the tour next time.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 day express visit!

i think i'll stick to top of the rock get a pic of the ESB from the out, for the skating i think central park might work well... SOL the tour is a defo no, i think the ferry purely for pic purposes is the more viable option will allow us to go to ground zero and then up to soho as well.. any recomendations on where's the best place to check out there?

will hopefully check out the brooklyn bridge sat night, a walk, a meal would make it a perfect evening :)!