We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

Can someone recommend a hotel that may accommodate six girls..would like one room or connecting rooms would be ok

Thanks

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

I would try the Beacon Hotel or any of the Affinia hotels. Doubletree Guest Suite in Times Square should work out nicely as well. Enjoy! Moms

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

You understand that they can't check in themselves to most hotels --- there needs to be an adult there. Right

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

bilmin ... that was going to be my question. How many chaperones will there be? How many beds are needed?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

Yes of course we will be chaperoning

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

It's not of course, ptdooey - you said a room for six girls. Six girls plus how many adults? How many beds total? Are the chaperones staying in the same room? Or are the chaperones also "girls?"

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

I take my daughter's Girl Scout troop (all now 16 or 17 years old) to NYC every year and have for the past 5 years. The Affinia hotels have worked well for us as has the Doubletree. We generally get a room for the girls that is immediately next to the room for the moms. They don't adjoin but we don't have any worries about the girls sneaking out. We stay up pretty late enjoying the city and then the girls spend time chatting and enjoying each other until they fall asleep.

While the website at the Affinia may say that they charge $40.00 per person over 12 years old, when I have made reservations, I have made it clear that there will be 4 or 5 people in each room and the published rate has always been given with no surcharge.

The Affinia 50 worked well for us last year as the girls spent most of their time (outside of seeing Phantom) in the Lower East Side and Soho. The subway runs straight from Soho to a stop right around the corner from the hotel (I think it was the 4, 5 and 6 lines). Very convenient.

I agree that the two bedroom at the Hotel Beacon would also probably suit your needs quite well. Good luck and have a fantastic time! Moms

7. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, January 02, 2011
New Jersey
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

Wow..just wanted a little help...describing my group as

"miscreants" would have never crossed my mind.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

He's kidding, pt. Don't take it seriously.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for six girls sweet sixteen

Please remember to bring your sense of humor with you from New Jersey- if you don't have one there are people on the streets of the city that will sell you one.

I would describe any group of 6 16 year old girls from New Jersey as miscreants-- don't take it personally.