We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:24 pm, May 03, 2011
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

Is that per night, or for the 3 nights in total.

€1 = 1.31, so your budget is actually $720 including tax, which is $626 ish ex tax, which is $208 per night.

(This is why it is easier for people to budget in $, not what they use where I live, or where you live, but your destination, and it is generally easier)

What have you found in your research? Have you looked on kayak or quikbook or any of the leading websites, and come up with some ideas? Do you even know where you want to stay in NYC?

Now, with it being St Patricks day inbetween there, you might find it difficult to get something "nice", but without knowing a jot about you, and what you want, apart from a hotel, we don't know what your "nice" standard is.

The GEM Hotel - SoHo is $159 a night on Quikbook, and that doesn't look too bad, but might be in totally the wrong area to what you want. I say that hotel, because that's where I'm considering staying in March, as it's in a more alternative neighbourhood...

All in all, give us a bit more information about you and yours, what you want out of your hotel, and we can gently push you in the right direction.

M

2. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

Again, I'll explain, your budget is better in US$ than Euro.

Secondly, "central enough" what does that mean? What are you going to do on holiday/vacation? Are you going to go to lots of Broadway Shows? Are you wanting just to do sightseeing? Do you want a fun nightlife nearby?

I personally wouldn't want to stay at a Radisson in NYC, as they're kinda old hotels where they are located, explain, expand, and we'll help, but if you want a Radisson for 550 euro, just go onto www.radisson.com and find one that fits your budget.. (I've checked, there are none, so you're going to have think other brands, or boutique hotels!)

C'mon, I want to help, but you're making it so difficult by being so vague!

Edited: 6:42 pm, December 19, 2010
4. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

The Millenium Broadway is showing a travelzoo promotional rate on your dates which is slightly over your budget. The website has a currency converter and with this rate it shows as 570.98 total (including taxes) in euros. This is for a superior king room which are the nicer higher floor rooms, spacious, large bathrooms with great counter space, and with floor to ceiling windows, many with great views. This hotel is a personal favorite and in a great midtown location just off of Times Square, but not right in the midst of the crowds and chaos of the area. Close to Broadway theatres, Rockefeller Center, many midtown attractions and shopping and many subway lines are within a couple blocks. To get this rate, enter ZOO in the corp/promo box at the hotel website. The rate is fully cancelable until the day before arrival so if there is an interest I would advise booking this ASAP.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

This is like getting blood out of a stone.

I know someone has just recommended the Millenium Broadway, but, as I don't know if you're wanting any nightlife around, it is difficult to say if this hotel is a good one for you. Without your age, your tastes, I'm going to say you're a couple in your 60's and you'll want to be close to other tourists, and fake irish pubs, then Midtown is going to be perfect for you.

Obviously a hotel slightly over budget isn't that much use to you, when compared to hotels under budget like the GEM which I posted earlier.

What hotels have YOU found?

M

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,637 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

First, let's clarify, you're only staying for 3 nights, yes? I wondered if you were actually planning on staying over the Sat. night which would make it 4 nights checking out on the 20th. Assuming that's not so and it's just 3 nights, I think the Millenium Broadway is a great deal for all the reasons Basinstoke mentions-location and flexibility. Since it's cancelable and won't require prepayment, you could book this and keep looking. If you find something better, cancel and book that.

Somewhat less expensive that should come in just at your budget is a king room at the Belleclaire on booking.com (found by searching kayak.com)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

You could book a room at the Best Western Bowery Hanbee as follows:

* queen bed (equivalent to your king mattress) @ $170 or $189/night before taxes; total with taxes included would be either $606 or $671.

* even larger king mattress @ $188 or $209/night before taxes; total with taxes included would be either $668 or $749.

The lower prices given for each room category are for a pre-paid, nonrefundable reservation made under the hotel's 2 Nights Stay Promotion rate; the higher prices are under the Best Internet Rate, which requires no advance payment or deposit and could be canceled as late as March 13 without financial penalty.

No matter which rate you choose, you'll have free WiFi and receive a free, continental breakfast.

This is not as posh a hotel as the Intercontinental Broadway, but it's a deservedly popular, smaller hotel that's fresh, clean, comfortable and well managed. More stylish than the usual Best Western, e.g.,

…tripadvisor.com/media/…our-room.jpg

oyster.com/new-york-city/…

And in a terrific location imo because of its easy proximity to SoHo, the Lower East Side, the East Village and Greenwich (the West) Village -- all fun, lively, interesting neighborhoods with a variety of shops, bars and restaurants.

www.bw-boweryhanbeehotel.com/default.html

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1060157…

9. Re: HELP! - Visiting NYC for 3 nights 16-19March - Hotel Advice

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 19, 2011